Bowl Season

Why do you keep bringing up some random 5-4 bowl season and asking if it's dominant when it is irrelevant to what's being discussed?

What? Can you not read? That's exactly what I said about the SEC struggling in individual years when the three of you flew off the handle about me somehow not saying the SEC was dominant. Why did you even start this argument?

What? Can you not read? That's exactly what I said about the SEC struggling in individual years when the three of you flew off the handle about me somehow not saying the SEC was dominant. Why did you even start this argument?

Well in ronnie’s world 5 4 is dominant because he’s like 5 1

Joe Burrows won the MVP for the Fiesta Bowl today and assuming nothing catastrophic occurs Haskin's should win it for the Rose Bowl. That means that last season the Ohio State University had 2 future New Year's Day Bowl MVP QB's on their roster.

Oh shoot, I hope I didn't just jinx the Bucks. Well if Haskins deserves the MVP he'll take OSU in for a clinching TD.

You bring up the fact that they had a couple of average years like it means anything in the bigger picture. That's what the entire discussion has been about, that it's irrelevant because in the end they're still the most dominant conference by a long shot.

You bring up the fact that they had a couple of average years like it means anything in the bigger picture. That's what the entire discussion has been about, that it's irrelevant because in the end they're still the most dominant conference by a long shot.

Can you quote where I said that? I think you're just making up something you implied again.

I've already directly said what I think that means in the big picture, that the gap is not as large as some would have you think. Why are you so determined to say I meant something other than what I directly said?

Said what, that it's irrelevant to the picture? No, because that's what I said.

Where did I say that having a few bad years means they aren't the best bowl conference?

You keep claiming I said that, but you can't find anywhere where I actually did say that. What I did say, was that it means the gap is not as large as the SEC homers would have you think.

With Georgia missing their top 4-5 players on defense and their defensive coordinator not coaching due to taking another job, Texas might just take this one...

Wow, Texas came to play and Georgia is falling apart...

Just like Auburn in last yr’s Peach Bowl. UGA was 1 Qtr away from getting into the playoffs, playing in the Sugar Bowl doesn’t have the same meaning it does to Texas who is using it as a measure of launching the program back into the top echelon.

Just like Auburn in last yr’s Peach Bowl. UGA was 1 Qtr away from getting into the playoffs, playing in the Sugar Bowl doesn’t have the same meaning it does to Texas who is using it as a measure of launching the program back into the top echelon.

Or maybe tonight Texas is just better than UGA, still plenty of game left. If Fromm doesn't start playing better, Fields may yet get to play.

2TD lead and the ball with less than 7:00 left. Could be a big win for Texas if they can hold on.

What a terrible job by Texas towards the end of this game. They are giving Georgia a longshot to get back into this game.

Really hard to judge the regular bowl games this year with so many guys "sitting out" the game due to fear of injury. To me, it's frustrating to see how college football is "graded". To me, I think the college playoff should be a reward for the 4 teams who performed the best during the regular season. Not necessarily the best matchups.
I don't think UCF should had made it, but to use the injury of their starting QB as the reason not to put them in is ridiculous. It's a team game and the loss of one player should not affect what the team has accomplished.

There are alot of people clamoring for an 8 team playoff, I don't like it. I think with 4 teams you keep the regular season the most relevant. It takes work to get into the top 4. Sure, the difference between 4 and 5 or 6 can be really thin and debated. The thing to remember is that each team has the same chance to make it week 1. Don't lose any games and more than likely you'll be there, at least if you're a power 5 school.