Rose Bowl

Weird that they stopped feeding Weber. Maybe protecting him with draft coming up? He was dominating. Dobbins isn’t good

Weber has been a lot better than Dobbins when healthy this year. JK is overrated by our fans. He was very good last year but now that he doesn’t have enormous holes he’s fairly mediocre with no second level burst

Dobbins 4.6 YPC is lowest for a Buckeye RB since Dan Herron in 2009. That’s a really weak number at this school

Congrats to the Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl win over Washington. I said earlier (on the OSU Buckeyes 2018 thread) that I gave OSU the edge in this game, due to their more potent offense than Washington.

Good comeback try by the Huskies, they didn't give up, when they were down 28-3. I live out here in Seattle and I was disappointed in their play in the first half.

They got it going in the second half. But I also think the Buckeyes could have slacked off some in the second half, which aided in the Huskies having a chance to pull it out (only losing by 5 points).

The Huskies showed their grit, by somehow pulling out a Pac 12 Championship, when there was a time this season when it looked pretty bleak (after losing a very close game at Oregon). The Huskies showed that grit tonight.

Great career by Urban Meyer. Also, the Huskies QB Jake Browning had an outstanding career at Washington, being their starting QB for all four years he was at Washington. Also running back Miles Gaskin was along side Browning, rushing for over 1,000 yards in each of his four years he was a Husky.

Exciting game in the final quarter. Perfect weather along with the great field and stadium at the legendary Rose Bowl.

Weber has been a lot better than Dobbins when healthy this year. JK is overrated by our fans. He was very good last year but now that he doesn’t have enormous holes he’s fairly mediocre with no second level burst

Urban Meyer used to dictate his offensive philosophy to his OC. This included Dan Mullen and Tom Herman. For whatever reason he allowed Ryan Day to dictate his philosophy which was a pass happy offense that struggled to establish the run. It also hurts that the QB, in Haskins, was completely removed from the run game. Defenses had to defend 10 rather than past OSU Meyer teams where they had to defend 11 in the run game. And for whatever reason they went away from Meyer's patent jet sweeps with his best athlete. This all equated to defenses focusing on ONE guy (TB) in run game and pinning ears back on pass plays.

I said the same. MAC LB at best. Struggles to take on blocks and is incredibly slow, especially moving laterally. One of the big differences between 2014 and this season was LB play.

This is what concerns me. Borland plays way too many snaps. Imo, he's a below average OSU LB. But if he's playing so much, that tells me there's nobody behind him pushing to take his spot. Now that is frightening. I think good linebacker play stopped when Luke Fickel left.

This is what concerns me. Borland plays way too many snaps. Imo, he's a below average OSU LB. But if he's playing so much, that tells me there's nobody behind him pushing to take his spot. Now that is frightening. I think good linebacker play stopped when Luke Fickel left.

Linebacker play has declined tremendously since Fickell has been gone. There need to be a few tweaks to the coaching staff, and this is arguably the biggest one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No people wanted him fired as DC after 2013. Coombs also had his detractors for the secondary play that year. Meyer brought in Chris Ash and made them Co-coordinators after that season.

Hey, I attached a photo that I took last fall, from the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge on Lake Washington. I did a bicycle ride that day.

In the distance on the right side of the bridge, you can see the U of Washington and Husky Stadium. You can see the two large overhangs over the grandstands of the stadium.

There are quite a few other stadiums up here in the Seattle Area which have those overhangs. Of course this is due to the amount of rainy days up here that start happening in the fall, especially after the second half of the football season.

Attachments

• UW bike ride floating bridge.jpg
    UW bike ride floating bridge.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 70
Yeah UGA probably wished they had not have to play Texas either.

Thanks Captain Hindsight. Even many OSU fans on here felt that they should have been playing Georgia.

If you noted when the GA/TX game started though, I mentioned that Texas may have a chance to win due to Georgia having their top 4-5 players out and their DC not coaching due to taking another job. They had tons of mental mistakes also that were uncharacteristic, such as Swift fumbling twice after not doing so all year and the punter touching his knee on a punt followed by a shank. Texas deserved to win though, as they were much more motivated from the beginning.

I also didn't expect OSU to take their foot off of the gas and let Washington back in. They should have beat them by at least 3 TDs.

Moving forward, bowl games for the top teams will be tough to analyze properly due to the players sitting out. It is no longer a pride thing for their school, they treat it like an exhibition. Understandable though. Was a good bowl game day otherwise...

Thanks Captain Hindsight. Even many OSU fans on here felt that they should have been playing Georgia.

If you noted when the GA/TX game started though, I mentioned that Texas may have a chance to win due to Georgia having their top 4-5 players out and their DC not coaching due to taking another job. They had tons of mental mistakes also that were uncharacteristic, such as Swift fumbling twice after not doing so all year and the punter touching his knee on a punt followed by a shank. Texas deserved to win though, as they were much more motivated from the beginning.

I also didn't expect OSU to take their foot off of the gas and let Washington back in. They should have beat them by at least 3 TDs.

Moving forward, bowl games for the top teams will be tough to analyze properly due to the players sitting out. It is no longer a pride thing for their school, they treat it like an exhibition. Understandable though. Was a good bowl game day otherwise...

My point was unless these teams play each other nobody knows who is going to win the game. Most media people were saying UGA was the 3rd best team in the nation, obviously not.

My point was unless these teams play each other nobody knows who is going to win the game. Most media people were saying UGA was the 3rd best team in the nation, obviously not.

I understand that, but if Georgia was playing in the playoffs then all of the players that sat out would be playing and the team would look different. The top players don't care about a meaningless bowl game anymore and therefore the best team doesn't always win, it showed in various bowl games this season.

Saying that, Georgia didn't deserve the playoffs anyway due to losing 2 games this year and not winning their conference championship...

I understand that, but if Georgia was playing in the playoffs then all of the players that sat out would be playing and the team would look different. The top players don't care about a meaningless bowl game anymore and therefore the best team doesn't always win, it showed in various bowl games this season..

One player sat out, the others were injured. Ohio State had 3 starters missing yesterday and won. Last year Denzel Ward sat out and OSU held Sam Darnold to 7 pts. It is only a meaningless bowl game when the SEC loses.

One player sat out, the others were injured. Ohio State had 3 starters missing yesterday and won. Last year Denzel Ward sat out and OSU held Sam Darnold to 7 pts. It is only a meaningless bowl game when the SEC loses.

What about when Michigan got drubbed the other day. There were plenty of people saying it was tough to judge because of how many defensive players were missing. The other side was saying how lousy Harbaugh's offense is, but it isn't ONLY brought up when the SEC loses. Little brother syndrome much?