What would Clemson's, Bama's and ND's record be if they played in the Big 10?

falguin

I'm sick of the SEC getting all kinds of advantages because the media and the committee favoring them. How would these teams fair if they had to play a schedule that included PSU, OSU, UM, NW, MSU, Wisky, Iowa. Indiana, Maryland, and, Illinois are all bowl teams if they play in the ACC. Other than Clemson, the ACC is a joke. The second best team is Syracuse, and it got trounced by ND. I say ND would be at best 9-3 if they played in the Big East. They might be worse. I know they beat UM, but that was the first game of the season. If they had to play UM say in the fifth game of the season once UM worked out some kinks, they lose. ND could not beat OSU or PSU. Then a Purdue or a Wisconsin would get them. Who did Bama have to play in the SEC. LSU? Texas A&M? Auburn? None of those teams were that good. The first game they played that the team was balanced was Georgia and if Georgia's coach didn't make a bonehead call, they lose. What if Bama and Clemson had to play say PSU and then turn around and play UM or tOSU? Could they make it? Not on your life. They would squeak out a tough game against MSU and then go into crappy Happy Valley to play in a white out. Good luck with that. Oklahoma would even have a worse time of it. I would say the AAC is tougher than the ACC minus Clemson. I can say this undeniably that UCF is tougher than any ACC or Big 12 teams minus the conference champs. And even that is questionable. Is there that much difference between WVU and UCF? Having watched both of them play, I would say no. UCF might be better.

I'm sick of the SEC getting all kinds of advantages because the media and the committee favoring them. How would these teams fair if they had to play a schedule that included PSU, OSU, UM, NW, MSU, Wisky, Iowa. Indiana, Maryland, and, Illinois are all bowl teams if they play in the ACC. Other than Clemson, the ACC is a joke. The second best team is Syracuse, and it got trounced by ND. I say ND would be at best 9-3 if they played in the Big East. They might be worse. I know they beat UM, but that was the first game of the season. If they had to play UM say in the fifth game of the season once UM worked out some kinks, they lose. ND could not beat OSU or PSU. Then a Purdue or a Wisconsin would get them. Who did Bama have to play in the SEC. LSU? Texas A&M? Auburn? None of those teams were that good. The first game they played that the team was balanced was Georgia and if Georgia's coach didn't make a bonehead call, they lose. What if Bama and Clemson had to play say PSU and then turn around and play UM or tOSU? Could they make it? Not on your life. They would squeak out a tough game against MSU and then go into crappy Happy Valley to play in a white out. Good luck with that. Oklahoma would even have a worse time of it. I would say the AAC is tougher than the ACC minus Clemson. I can say this undeniably that UCF is tougher than any ACC or Big 12 teams minus the conference champs. And even that is questionable. Is there that much difference between WVU and UCF? Having watched both of them play, I would say no. UCF might be better.

Notre Dame would beat Penn St and they COULD beat Ohio St this Yr, but not most seasons. And If you want to talk about working out kinks throughout a season, ND also beat Michigan w/o their now Starting QB and RB.

Also, it’s not ND’s fault traditional powerhouses like USC and Florida St sucked this Yr. That’s scheduled years in advance. Even Stanford was surprisingly mediocre.

the big ten is the worst of the power 5 conferences and has been for quite some time

Alabama would go unbeaten and win the conference most likely. ND and Clemson probably finish similarly to Michigan.

:laugh: You're all over the place.
Bama still finishes undefeated.
Clemson finishes undefeated or 1 loss
Notre Dame finishes 1 loss, maybe 2
Oklahoma finishes 1 loss
Georgia finishes 1 loss
UCF finishes with at least 2 losses

What would Ohio State look like if they played in the SEC this year? Close games against Nebraska and Maryland probably go the other way against SEC teams. They finish with at least 1 loss, probably 2, maybe even 3.

If you think UCF and WVU are comparable then there's no help for you. What is UCF's best win? Cincinnati at home? Memphis twice? ACC runner-up Pitt - who you just said is worse as a conference than the AAC? I think WVU's win at Big XII runner-up Texas is better than any of those.

With the way Clemson looked early on in the year and having a true frosh QB I could see them dropping a game, maybe early in the year. Notre Dame may drop a game or two, especially early in the year before the QB change.

To say AM wasnt good is probably not being fair. Yes they finished with 4 losses but they did give Clemson their closest game of the year and Alabama for that matter, before the Georgia game.

Clemson and Bama would sweep the overrated Big Ten. ND might have one loss, two at most. The Big Ten is not all that its sycophants think it is. 75% weaklings.

You act like the Big 10 is some amazing conference right now.

It is not.

Can you imagine how many points OSU would have given up if they were playing in the B12 this season with those offenses? It would be OSU/Maryland all over again

Harbaugh just became the premier coach of the BIG10. Although I don think the BIG10 is the best to say they are worst is completly off base. Clemson has it easy in the ACC. That doesn’t say they are not good. Clemson has the second best coach in the nation and they will be contenders for as long as he is there.

Harbaugh just became the premier coach of the BIG10. Although I don think the BIG10 is the best to say they are worst is completly off base. Clemson has it easy in the ACC. That doesn’t say they are not good. Clemson has the second best coach in the nation and they will be contenders for as long as he is there.

As of 1/2/19, there will be 2 head coaches in the Big 10 with Big 10 titles since 2015. Harbuagh is not one of them.

Alabama would go unbeaten and win the conference most likely. ND and Clemson probably finish similarly to Michigan.

this

This is a weak Clemson pass defense. I wish that OK had been elevated to #3 with a drubbing of Texas last Saturday. They would eviscerate this putrid Clemson secondary in the first half, and when the adjustments came, Kyler Murray would rush for 150+ in the second half alone.

falguin, I can only guess you must not watch or pay attention to anything outside the big ten. Who puts the most players in the NFL? Certainly not the Big ten. You subtract the Ohio State players and the Big ten puts very, very few players in the NFL, especially skill position players. My elixir to Buckeye fans is always what would the Buckeyes record be if they were in the SEC? My guess is they lose 2-3-4 games per season. Top to bottom, the SEC is so much better than the Big ten and any other conference.
The last time Clemson played the Buckeyes, it was the 31-0 whitewash a couple of years ago. I still can't believe the committee still puts any faith in the Buckeyes. Sure, they look great against Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana and Rutgers. Dwayne Haskins put up video game numbers this year against the patsies of the big ten. We see this same stuff every year. Troy Smith, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, they run up big numbers against the conference, then not play in the NFL because the defenses are so much better. The windows close down.

Clemson beat GT 49-21. Minnesota beats them 34-10. Minnesota is a bottom feeder in the BIG and Clemson is the number two team in the country.

Purdue lost to Mizzou who lost to UK.

So in falquins world UK and mizzou>OSU

Is eastern Michigan also better than OSU

Falquin :laugh:

falguin, I can only guess you must not watch or pay attention to anything outside the big ten. Who puts the most players in the NFL? Certainly not the Big ten. You subtract the Ohio State players and the Big ten puts very, very few players in the NFL, especially skill position players. My elixir to Buckeye fans is always what would the Buckeyes record be if they were in the SEC? My guess is they lose 2-3-4 games per season. Top to bottom, the SEC is so much better than the Big ten and any other conference.
The last time Clemson played the Buckeyes, it was the 31-0 whitewash a couple of years ago. I still can't believe the committee still puts any faith in the Buckeyes. Sure, they look great against Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana and Rutgers. Dwayne Haskins put up video game numbers this year against the patsies of the big ten. We see this same stuff every year. Troy Smith, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, they run up big numbers against the conference, then not play in the NFL because the defenses are so much better. The windows close down.

Gotta love all these made up, SEC homer, "facts".

1) It is patently and blatantly false that the Big 10 puts "very, very few" players in the NFL draft outside of OSU.

2) Troy Smith did play in the NFL

3) There are more starting NFL quarterbacks from Big 10 schools than from SEC schools. Not counting Tannehill, because A&M was not in the SEC when he went there.

4) Your "elixir" is as BS as trying to say what would happen to Bama or Clemson with a Big 10 schedule. It is pure speculation and your biased opinion. Nothing more.

Question is what would OSU record be if they played OU record? A lot of high scoring games with OSU terrible dfense.

And Purdue has 6 losses. What point are you trying to make?

The OP is jealous the SEC gets the pub but the big 10 gets hosed whereas you see the team who SMOKED the champion is getting obliterated by 35 in the first half.

5 loss SEC team is killing the team who killed the buckeyes.

Maybe the big 10 isn't as good as the OP believes

Clemson beat GT 49-21. Minnesota beats them 34-10. Minnesota is a bottom feeder in the BIG and Clemson is the number two team in the country.

Auburn currently up 35-7 on Purdue. I guess that means Auburn, a mid level SEC team, would beat OSU by 57?

The Big Ten is god awful. Ohio State won it with zero defense and a basic offense

I think this has less to do with the B10 and more to do with dumb azzes who believe in the transitive property when evaluating Football teams.