Benedictine 2019

Expectations move up in 2019, I would hope at least 7-3 and a win or two in the playoffs. 8-2 and in the Regional title game against Hoban would be a lot cooler though. Remember, things change quickly in HS football...

Do you think the investigation into the former school presidents sexual misconduct actions will effect recruiting? Maybe cause some more transfers to happen? Not a good look for the school.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...-following-inappropriate-behavior-allegations

I haven't read about anybody being upset with Tiger LeVerde's misconduct on the sidelines of yesterday's Kirtland v. Marion Local Championship game. He lost his cool and clearly punched a player in the stomach. It looked like a forceful punch in anger to me, and not just a mock punch to fire-up the player.

Go Bengals!

Supposed to be lots coming back since a few seniors transferred last year and only a few seniors started last season. The question remains to be seen who stays and who leaves. Then and only then will a proper evaluation be able to be given. If everyone were to come back yes they should win 7-8 games. But this coaching staff has not shown they can win games they should win. So a more reasonable number of wins is 6 at this stage. Long off season ahead.

???? Really????????????

I haven't read about anybody being upset with Tiger LeVerde's misconduct on the sidelines of yesterday's Kirtland v. Marion Local Championship game. He lost his cool and clearly punched a player in the stomach. It looked like a forceful punch in anger to me, and not just a mock punch to fire-up the player.

Go Bengals!

You are not going to make an argument and compare these 2 actions??? My God!

I'm sure no beeny player was ever touched over all the years????????????

No

You are not going to make an argument and compare these 2 actions??? My God!

I'm sure no beeny player was ever touched over all the years????????????

No comparison was intended. I was simply making a statement about misconduct for comments. If LeVerde will lose it in front of cameras and an audience, I can only guess how practices are conducted.

Also, his star RB Torok was gassed and motioned to the sidelines for a replacement. He was denied a break, and was hurt several plays later.

Why in the world on a Benedictine football page are you bringing up another coach, from another school, about his actions? There will be no transfers this year as last year. There will be 110 incoming freshman. Benedictine is loaded for bear in 2019. They will compete.

Why in the world on a Benedictine football page are you bringing up another coach, from another school, about his actions? There will be no transfers this year as last year. There will be 110 incoming freshman. Benedictine is loaded for bear in 2019. They will compete.

Agreed that writing about another coach on this thread is idiotic.

However

I don't even think the admissions office knows if there will be 110 freshmen. No acceptance letters have even been sent out and no one has registered.

This is an 8 win football team that due to inadequate coaching will win 6 games

There very well could be transfers.

Let’s hope we keep everyone from last years team. Transferring out of Bennie has been a problem. Retention has always been a problem both for the football team and the school in general.

Tell your coaches, to tell your players, to ignore text messages from Padua players. Unless the messages read...we have lots of “D1” talent but...that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transferring is a natural thing in high school these days. Sometimes the parents can't afford the tuition or the young men think they can get more playing time elsewhere.I believe that the amount of young men leaving this year will be small

For once it looks like Benny isn't the school to be affected by transfers this year, on the other hand there is another school in the NCL who thought they were the stuff this year that may have a big opening at a key position...

Auggie , We already have 3 in the NFL. Roberts,Goode and Baker. Layne would make 4.

I forgot about Roberts. With 4 active NFL players expected in 2019 the Bengals should have had more that 1 state title in the early part of this decade. Still a heck of an accomplishment for the program and should be used when talking to perspective student athletes.

By the way Layne is currently projected to go in rounds 3-5 pending combine results. What he has going for him is his size, he projects as a 3 down CB that can support the run better than the smallish faster under sized CBs like Denzel Ward. If he can put a few more pounds on the 6'2" frame and be sub 4.5 in the 40 he may even leak into the 2nd round. Still raw in coverage and was never really tested in the B1G but has most of the physical tools needed for the modern NFL CB.

For once it looks like Benny isn't the school to be affected by transfers this year, on the other hand there is another school in the NCL who thought they were the stuff this year that may have a big opening at a key position...

Maybe it gives Padua the chance to beat bene for a third year in a row using a freshmen qb :thumb:

Carter has shown a good consistency losing to freshmen qbs at Padua.

Maybe it gives Padua the chance to beat bene for a third year in a row using a freshmen qb :thumb:

Carter has shown a good consistency losing to freshmen qbs at Padua.

:laugh:
And this great Padua team with multiple Div I players did what in the playoffs? If cracking .500 with some of the best talent a school has had in years is your thing it looks like Polo is your man.

And this great Padua team with multiple Div I players did what in the playoffs? If cracking .500 with some of the best talent a school has had in years is your thing it looks like Polo is your man.

He’s a horrible coach

But even being so bad he still has a better record than carter. Is 3-0 head to head against carter. Has more playoff appearances and playoff wins than carter. All while taking over a team that was 2-8 and 1-9 prior to his arrival and hasn’t had any of his d1 talent transfer out on him.

It was a brilliant move on carters part to kick off to Long from Padua this year. Allowing Long the chance to house a return. Would think someone with a college special teams coordinator background would be a little more savy than that. But yeah, polo isn’t a good coach you’re right.

Last edited:

Let's face facts Auggie, Polo would have been the Bengals coach if it were not for a Board member (who lives in Xichigan) sticking his nose in. Lorber is this guys puppet. This guy has tried to fire every coach except Schaefer, since Bortnick. Including Bortnick.

Let's face facts Auggie, Polo would have been the Bengals coach if it were not for a Board member (who lives in Xichigan) sticking his nose in. Lorber is this guys puppet. This guy has tried to fire every coach except Schaefer, since Bortnick. Including Bortnick.

Lorber put childhood connections in front of what was best for the school. Like the above post says polo took over a lesser team and has accomplished more than carter. Especially head to head. But blind dedication won’t allow some to admit the truth that the hire wasn’t the right one.

Some fake news here. First the freshmen qb at Padua is no longer there , he transferred. Carter did not kick to Long he pooch kicked it every time . Thirdly Chris Lorber did not fire Coach Bortnick , he wasn't the AD when he . left. The fact is no one has been fired at Benny lately. Ben Malbasa left for NDCL and Joe Schaef left for Maryland. Both there choices.