HOF project

Lefthook37

Just wondering what the H is up with the HOF project, with nothing being done to finish the east end zone , no work being done on the 5 star hotel, no work on the auditorium or parking deck, no new locker room for the high school football team, an they wonder why the didn't get the 2020 NFL 100th year draft in canton, you can sure blame the HOF for this mess. But give baker a new 5 year contract extension any one have some info on this mess!

Just wondering what the H is up with the HOF project, with nothing being done to finish the east end zone , no work being done on the 5 star hotel, no work on the auditorium or parking deck, no new locker room for the high school football team, an they wonder why the didn't get the 2020 NFL 100th year draft in canton, you can sure blame the HOF for this mess. But give baker a new 5 year contract extension any one have some info on this mess!
Ask My2Sense he knows what is going on. These are just normal construction delays, happens on every project.:thumb:

The hotel is right on track. It was meant to hold all the players from past Massillon teams who have won a title on the field.

As soon as it happens, they will start constructing it.

No money very simple,a lot of show and no doe.The locker room for the kids is a crime and the way they treat CCS is embarrassing to the people in Canton.

HOF Project

Just wondering where the BAM was in Raymo's post, but thankfully Caleb supplied it. I used to frequent Belden Village about 18-20 years ago. It was nice. How would you describe the state of BV today?

No money very simple,a lot of show and no doe.The locker room for the kids is a crime and the way they treat CCS is embarrassing to the people in Canton.
I hope sometime in the future you guys get your own stadium. Playing at Benson seemed like it was on a neutral field.

Can I assume all of those nice fields south of McKinley were a part of the project and of some value to the school and city?

I went to McKinley-Hudson in September of 2017 and Massillon-Hoban in November of 2018. I saw no significant difference in the facility or area between those two dates.

Can I assume all of those nice fields south of McKinley were a part of the project and of some value to the school and city?

I went to McKinley-Hudson in September of 2017 and Massillon-Hoban in November of 2018. I saw no significant difference in the facility or area between those two dates.

If you're talking about the four turf fields at the back of the property, then yes. They are part of the project.

You say no significant difference because there was no difference. I think the Canton city schools owns the land but the HOF owns the fields. In fact McKinley was going to have to rent the fields if they practiced on them but I think the BOE put a stop to that deal made by the super with the HOF.

Still no locker rooms or weight facility that was promised to the CCS by the HOF as part of the original deal and promised time and time again since. Of course the Rep is silent on all this. No investigating reporting on this at all.

Embarrassing is one good word to use; insulting would be another.

Lots of talk and fluff in the local press, but no action. One has to wonder if it will ever get done. Right now, I’d bet no.

Why? How often are they needed?

For a McKinley game never. At this point all I would like to see completed at the new stadium is what the HOF promised the CCS system they would do with the stadium included the end zones, scoreboard and the locker room. Anything else I could care less about. That was all Bakers fantasy world to get the 100 year draft which is now gone. And to think all those people sold their homes for that guy.

Well...let me make a qualifying statement here. Read this guy with a hint of skepticism as he has an obvious bias you'll figure out quickly BUT he gets deep in the weeds and uncovers information not readily available. This will be more information than you'd ever care to read on the HOF project but some of it is very enlightening. There are links to previous blog posts of his within as well.

https://starkpoliticalreport.blogspot.com/search?q=hall+of+fame

well I have heard scuttle that Baker will not have his contract renewed with the HOF this year...

can anyone corroborate(spelling?)

well I have heard scuttle that Baker will not have his contract renewed with the HOF this year...

can anyone corroborate(spelling?)

Did you hear it from the same source that said Reardon was going to Louisville? Seriously people. Please stop.

Did you hear it from the same source that said Reardon was going to Louisville? Seriously people. Please stop.

Dave Baker fueled the rumor a couple months back when he responded to a question about the future of the Village and said "My deal ends in a month".

What hasn't been mentioned yet is the hiring of a new CEO of the Hall of Fame Village. (A separate for profit entity of the Hall Museum) They hired the former head of Disney Shanghai.

no heard it during state title games from someone at the HOF, but they said they weren't sure if that was going to be the final decision, seems that The Butler has filled it in.

relax big boy

Baker just signed a five year extension and was also named on the board of the Johnson Controls Village project. So someone must think something is going to happen but you Yappi experts keep on talking.

Well...let me make a qualifying statement here. Read this guy with a hint of skepticism as he has an obvious bias you'll figure out quickly BUT he gets deep in the weeds and uncovers information not readily available. This will be more information than you'd ever care to read on the HOF project but some of it is very enlightening. There are links to previous blog posts of his within as well.

Wow, that's "Graber-like" in its level of obsession.

just. wow.