2018 Cleveland Browns

I believe the Browns may have flushed out the source of leaks to Adam Schefter through the Condaleeza Rice and Reuben Foster "leaks." I understand someone in the office got the heave ho this morning in Berea. Well done.

I believe the Browns may have flushed out the source of leaks to Adam Schefter through the Condaleeza Rice and Reuben Foster "leaks." I understand someone in the office got the heave ho this morning in Berea. Well done.

Genius move by the browns to do it that way!

No different than someone who is a great employee doing the job and then becoming a terrible manager once he gets a promotion.

I wasn't actually asking the question, I was referencing another Yappi post. Old Hue drew up the blueprint for going from a good coordinator to a bad HC.

As they say toward the end^, Chubb's #1 ranking is especially impressive in light of the fact that the Browns' run blocking grades out at #14.

Dorsey has to be a lock for NFL Executive of the Year

Welcome to the joys of having a rookie quarterback and a young team.

We all knew 5 or 6 wins would be a successful season, but a couple of wins got some of us a little ahead of themselves. Sit back, enjoy the ride and embrace the future.

We all knew 5 or 6 wins would be a successful season, but a couple of wins got some of us a little ahead of themselves. Sit back, enjoy the ride and embrace the future.

No excuse for completely crapping the bed as the Browns have done today.

For as much ing as I did throughout this gameabout the defense, I have to backtrack a little, and say they weren't all that terrible. They held the Texans to one offensive TD and a bunch of FG's.

This game pretty much came down to one quarter (the second) and the gaffes of Baker Mayfield. If he takes care of the ball, this would've likely been a real good game. I do like the fact that he bounced back in the second half and continued slinging but this one was on him.

Kudos to the O-line as I expected him to be under duress but, again, no sacks. Bad holding call negated a TD by Robinson but the O-line is solid in pass pro. Just need to run it better.

Gonna give Callaway a "pass" (a little) on that fumble. Dude had to have been gassed after sprinting 76 yards, only to have the TD called back, and then have to do it the next play. Next time, ball in the left hand and run toward the pylon. Lesson learned.

Team is still making mistakes but I see a ton of talent and a bright future. After Gordon was traded I thought they needed a ton at WR. Not really the case now as I think they need a #1 and keep Landry, Callaway, Higgins (and yes) Perriman.

No excuse for completely crapping the bed as the Browns have done today.

For me, it's about expectations. I chuckled when people started talking about the playoffs and figured we were due for one of these ****shows. That comes with a young team and QB.

For as much ing as I did throughout this gameabout the defense, I have to backtrack a little, and say they weren't all that terrible. They held the Texans to one offensive TD and a bunch of FG's.

This game pretty much came down to one quarter (the second) and the gaffes of Baker Mayfield. If he takes care of the ball, this would've likely been a real good game. I do like the fact that he bounced back in the second half and continued slinging but this one was on him.

Kudos to the O-line as I expected him to be under duress but, again, no sacks. Bad holding call negated a TD by Robinson but the O-line is solid in pass pro. Just need to run it better.

Gonna give Callaway a "pass" (a little) on that fumble. Dude had to have been gassed after sprinting 76 yards, only to have the TD called back, and then have to do it the next play. Next time, ball in the left hand and run toward the pylon. Lesson learned.

Team is still making mistakes but I see a ton of talent and a bright future. After Gordon was traded I thought they needed a ton at WR. Not really the case now as I think they need a #1 and keep Landry, Callaway, Higgins (and yes) Perriman.

I'm an idiot (and most of you know that) but I'm not all that discouraged by yesterday's game. They were playing the hottest team in the NFL. They didn't embarrass themselves defensively, and offensively, the mistakes are correctable. BR1986 outlined some of them in the post above. I also think that Baker Mayfield could take a page out of the Ohio State edict to Dwayne Haskins to make calculated attempts at running the ball, especially when rolling out. He has a propensity to do this and, instead of taking the yardage available by running and retreating to the sidelines to escape a hit, he tries to fit the ball into a window that is already three-fourths of the way closed because of the roll-out. He didn't have a good first half. But I was encouraged that he came out aggressive in the second half and didn't dwell on the first half errors.

I am still very hopeful that this team is going to get nothing but better. The Browns are finally at a point where they can draft for depth. The talent pool is getting deeper and we have a front office that I think all of us can trust.

I'm an idiot (and most of you know that) but I'm not all that discouraged by yesterday's game. They were playing the hottest team in the NFL. They didn't embarrass themselves defensively, and offensively, the mistakes are correctable. BR1986 outlined some of them in the post above. I also think that Baker Mayfield could take a page out of the Ohio State edict to Dwayne Haskins to make calculated attempts at running the ball, especially when rolling out. He has a propensity to do this and, instead of taking the yardage available by running and retreating to the sidelines to escape a hit, he tries to fit the ball into a window that is already three-fourths of the way closed because of the roll-out. He didn't have a good first half. But I was encouraged that he came out aggressive in the second half and didn't dwell on the first half errors.

I am still very hopeful that this team is going to get nothing but better. The Browns are finally at a point where they can draft for depth. The talent pool is getting deeper and we have a front office that I think all of us can trust.

Agree completely on BM running the ball some and taking the yardage. There were a few times he scrambled out of harms way and was right up at the LOS when he released it with probably a good 8-10 yards of real estate in front of him that was there for the taking.

Assuming they select the right coach, with another draft and 70-90m in cap space, I expect this team to be competing for the division in 2019.

I'm torn. That would make one hell of a running backs room. Just make sure that he doesn't stay at that hotel again. But , I understand your caution here, BR. The optics aren't good. The question is, does being a hometown product lessen or increase his chances of doing something this stupid again?

I thought about this and initially thought "he's probably done" but then I see Joe Mixon, who knocked a girl out cold, starting in Cincy so he'll get another shot somewhere.

I just don't like the fact that the Browns would lose their one trash talk "card" with the Steelers who have been harboring a rapist for years. Signing someone like this would drop the Browns down to their level. :D