Week 12 Troy(10-1) vs Anderson (8-3)

TroyTrojan05

Let’s do this again shall we? For the 3rd year in a row these two will be facing off. Troy will have a lot to prove after being beaten badly last year. Troy can’t fall behind early again because they are not a team that wants to play in a shootout. They like to pound the rock, play good defense, and play the field position game. It’s music to my ears to see Volpenhein gone! I’m my opinion this team is at least as good as the 2016 team and a lot better than the 2017 edition.

Let’s start the chatter.

I'll go with Troy 28 Anderson 21. I agree with TroyTrojan05 that Troy cannot fall behind, they did big to Miamisburg and that was their only loss thus far. I believe Troy is the better team this year and takes the rubber match. Great stadium for this game (Burg)

Anderson was clicking on all cylinders last week. If they can keep that up they can win. Not sure how they lost to Walnut Hills just two weeks prior.

It was nice seeing Troy’s db’s play so well last week against a passing team because that was one thing I was a little worried about. It’s nice knowing that considering we will probably see a lot of passing in this one.

Anderson was clicking on all cylinders last week. If they can keep that up they can win. Not sure how they lost to Walnut Hills just two weeks prior.

Yeah I’m not sure which camp I fall in. Troy looked great last week but Anderson also avenged a 21 point loss. As usual, should be a good game. I thought Harrison would throw all over Troy, but Troy didn’t let that happen. That’s good news for Troy even though Anderson is a different beast. Troy needs to bleed the clock and not let Anderson get in consecutive scoring drives, because when it rains it pours with them.

Yeah I’m not sure which camp I fall in. Troy looked great last week but Anderson also avenged a 21 point loss. As usual, should be a good game. I thought Harrison would throw all over Troy, but Troy didn’t let that happen. That’s good news for Troy even though Anderson is a different beast. Troy needs to bleed the clock and not let Anderson get in consecutive scoring drives, because when it rains it pours with them.

Exactly. This is why I’ve been wanting to see Troy mix in the pass a little more because at some point in the playoffs they are going to have to. If Anderson goes up 2 scores it’s gonna he difficult. But on the flip side I can see why they choose to keep running the ball. Because nobody can stop JCB.

A hypothetical situation would be Anderson being up by 2 scores in the second half and Anderson stacks the box. Troy is going to have to learn to throw. And I think Siler can. They just seem hesitant to do so.

Exactly. This is why I’ve been wanting to see Troy mix in the pass a little more because at some point in the playoffs they are going to have to. If Anderson goes up 2 scores it’s gonna he difficult. But on the flip side I can see why they choose to keep running the ball. Because nobody can stop JCB.

A hypothetical situation would be Anderson being up by 2 scores in the second half and Anderson stacks the box. Troy is going to have to learn to throw. And I think Siler can. They just seem hesitant to do so.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :shrug:

I think the plan is to ride JCB as long as they can...don't abandon the strength. Especially if the offensive line can play like that again...they started this year as a young unit and should be getting better still. I think Anderson is going to load up even more than Harrison after seeing what JCB did.

To the Anderson fans, how much different is this team than last years? Better/worse? It kind of looks like a different offense. Last season, Volpenhein was the leading rusher with 1,000 yards and the RB with 592. This year, it looks like a couple of running backs have got the ball and the QB with little. Last year, there was 1 600 yard receiver, 2 500, 2 400, 1 300 and 1 200. This year, it's 1 with 980, 1 with 783, 1 with 225. Seems to be a bit more focused on a couple of guys than being spread out as much. The ECC site doesn't have defensive stats but it seems like O'Toole is the guy on defense.

Better than 96 Troy???

Didn’t realize that they played in 1996...I was referring more to the last few seasons that these teams have met. 2016 was a very good team, but this team just really feels “complete”. Every game from here out will be a challenge but I have been very impressed with what I have seen out of the Trojans thus far.

Both played Turpin and Harrison, both beat them pretty good. No matter what this will be a close game.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize that they played in 1996...I was referring more to the last few seasons that these teams have met. 2016 was a very good team, but this team just really feels “complete”. Every game from here out will be a challenge but I have been very impressed with what I have seen out of the Trojans thus far.

Lol I am starting to show my age. I assumed that is what you meant and then I started thinking how good have the last couple of teams been compared to the 96 team.

Lol I am starting to show my age. I assumed that is what you meant and then I started thinking how good have the last couple of teams been compared to the 96 team.

That 96 team was very good! Young Brewer and young Dielman plus Matt Dallman and Jason Manson. That might’ve been the year where they were ranked in the top 10 nationally.

That 96 team was very good! Young Brewer and young Dielman plus Matt Dallman and Jason Manson. That might’ve been the year where they were ranked in the top 10 nationally.

I dont know if they were that high. All I could find was that they were second in harbins for region 2 or 3 which is impressive back in the day.

Anderson ran the ball behind #75 all night. They ran it a lot more than they threw it.

And that's what their game plan should have been all year. It took 10 games for Anderson coaches to realize that Thompson ≠ Volpenhein and that they can't just sling it around the field through the air all day. If they continue to focus on controlling the clock by emphasizing the ground game, they'll have a shot against Troy.

So who are the players to watch out for for Anderson?

#1 Newton does everything. Returns kicks, catches passes, runs the ball, punts (rarely)

#2 Curless leads the team in catches and yards.

#75 Correll is a OG headed to Notre Dame. Lately they’ve been running behind him and been very successful.

#25 the RB is shifty and runs well.

#11 the QB is not the QB that Volpenhein was but the offense is so well designed that it doesn’t really matter. If he makes good decisions, Anderson is difficult to stop.

Against Kings, they converted 13 of the first 14 third downs. The one they didn’t was an interception. Limit the mistakes. Run the ball. Control the clock.

Either team can win.

I agree either team can win. I'm looking forward to this rubber match. Troy pretty much with a home game here. Not much of a travel which should draw a huge crowd for them. I just hope the weather cooperates. Or do I? :shrug: