(Week 6) (3-2) Fairbanks @ (4-1) West Jefferson

roughriderpride

Homecoming for the Roughriders!
Fairbanks gave the Riders all they could handle last year and now they come to Kile field looking for the upset on homecoming.
Fairbanks got blown out week 1 but they didn't have their starting QB.

WJ got a big win over Philo week 1 but mistakes cost them week 2.
The riders have yet to play another game like they did in week 1 with the same intensity & passion.

Caught Fairbanks once and they appeared to have a couple of talented WR's but their three wins were against a combined 1-14 so I imagine anyone could look good against winless teams.

They were a little susceptible to the long ball and screen pass

They also have what appears to be a pretty impressive left tackle. Going to be a good game I'm sure. Look for WJ to come out fired up and ready for the challenge. I look for WJ to make a statement this game!

They also have what appears to be a pretty impressive left tackle. Going to be a good game I'm sure. Look for WJ to come out fired up and ready for the challenge. I look for WJ to make a statement this game!

You may be right about the LT. I do recall one big OL who was also mobile and did a very solid job.

I would expect WJ, if they truly are a contender, to easily run past Fairbanks.

The Fairbanks offensive lineman is Sam Rengert, 6'7" & 285 lbs. He is currently ranked the #9 overall recruit in Ohio for 2020 by 247Sports (3 Stars). 247Sports report he has 9 offers from Akron, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Iowa St, Purdue, Rutgers, Toledo, Virginia & West Virginia.

Since 1958, Fairbanks & WJ have faced each other 8 times with each winning 4 games. Last year WJ won 48-27.

Wow, those are some impressive offers. Wonder if Urban will come a knockin????

Good luck to both squads Friday. Going to be a gauntlet in the North this season. Fairbanks can make a statement here but I think West Jefferson is still going to be able to come out on top. Have a great weekend everyone! Hope it's an injury free Friday!

The Fairbanks offensive lineman is Sam Rengert, 6'7" & 285 lbs. He is currently ranked the #9 overall recruit in Ohio for 2020 by 247Sports (3 Stars). 247Sports report he has 9 offers from Akron, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Iowa St, Purdue, Rutgers, Toledo, Virginia & West Virginia.

Since 1958, Fairbanks & WJ have faced each other 8 times with each winning 4 games. Last year WJ won 48-27.

Typically at the HS level when I see guys that big they seem to be very slow and not all the hype.
We faced a guy from CHCA, a couple of times, Prince, who got a lot of hoopla on both ssides of the ball a few years ago and I focused in on him a number of times and he continually got beat and was ineffective.

I did watch this OL a number of plays and he was solid.

thavoice - Completely agree with what you said regarding HS level o-linemen. Most 16 to 18 year old high school o-linemen who are 275+ would be better if they lost 15 pounds. A kid a step quicker at 260 lbs is far better than a step slower and 275 lbs.

Regarding the CHCA player Prince Sammons, he was a 4 star recruit who signed with Auburn a few years ago. West Jeff played CHCA during his senior year. On offense he was a decent blocker, he simply engolfed the WJ DE (6', 185). On defense Sammons wasn't much of a factor. I do remember Sammons being the last player off the field at half time, it looked as if he was completely winded. Currently a RS sophmore at Auburn, I did not see Sammons on the two deep roster but he is still on the team.

The Fairbanks lineman Sam Rengert will be a big challenge for the WJ linemen on both sides of the ball. What a great opportunity for the WJ linemen - to play against a guy who will be playing somewhere on Saturday afternoon's and who knows perhaps one day playing on Sunday's. Good luck to WJ Friday night.

thavoice - Completely agree with what you said regarding HS level o-linemen. Most 16 to 18 year old high school o-linemen who are 275+ would be better if they lost 15 pounds. A kid a step quicker at 260 lbs is far better than a step slower and 275 lbs.

Regarding the CHCA player Prince Sammons, he was a 4 star recruit who signed with Auburn a few years ago. West Jeff played CHCA during his senior year. On offense he was a decent blocker, he simply engolfed the WJ DE (6', 185). On defense Sammons wasn't much of a factor. I do remember Sammons being the last player off the field at half time, it looked as if he was completely winded. Currently a RS sophmore at Auburn, I did not see Sammons on the two deep roster but he is still on the team.

The Fairbanks lineman Sam Rengert will be a big challenge for the WJ linemen on both sides of the ball. What a great opportunity for the WJ linemen - to play against a guy who will be playing somewhere on Saturday afternoon's and who knows perhaps one day playing on Sunday's. Good luck to WJ Friday night.

I would say Sammons was ranked so highly because of his physical attributes and his performance in summer camps. I thought they had at least 2 linemen better than him at the high school level. I think its showing at Auburn because he can't see the field and everyone is his size and probably stronger and quicker.

I would say Sammons was ranked so highly because of his physical attributes and his performance in summer camps. I thought they had at least 2 linemen better than him at the high school level. I think its showing at Auburn because he can't see the field and everyone is his size and probably stronger and quicker.

Most def that is how he got the looks. He had the size and look of someone who could be great as he was put together.

Cannot teach that sort of size.

Local team had a DI OL who went to ND. I know that the OL Is extremely important but at the HS level if I had my choice to have a DI caliber RB, QB or maybe even a WR and LB I would choose them over the OL prospect.

I think all "big" HS linemen should have 2 projects after the regular season is over.............become a wrestler and have a jump rope as a best friend!!!!

Yields balance, leverage, foot quickness and many many more...............