College Football Week Three

Nice to see LSU win, if just because I enjoy seeing Auburn lose. We’ll see how Haskins looks against a legit good D tonight vs TCU, but I can see why he won the OSU job over Burrow. JB doesn’t have the same arm talent, at all. He’s good, though. I wish he was still at OSU.

Joe Burrow directed a 60 yard drive, using up the last 5 minutes of the game to put the Tigers in FG range and they nail it to beat #7 Auburn. In that drive Burrow converted a couple of big 3rd & long passes and then an even bigger 4th & long.

After tonight's OSU win over TCU, two of the top ten teams in the country (LSU is in the top ten) will be quarterbacked by Buckye's!

Nice to see LSU win, if just because I enjoy seeing Auburn lose. We’ll see how Haskins looks against a legit good D tonight vs TCU, but I can see why he won the OSU job over Burrow. JB doesn’t have the same arm talent, at all. He’s good, though. I wish he was still at OSU.

Apples & oranges IMO. Burrow has no where near the offensive talent around him that Haskins has. I mean does any LSU skill player (WR, RB or TE) start for Ohio State?

Bottom line is that Burrow has directed his team to two wins over Top Ten teams in his first three games. This guy is still raw and I expect that next year he'll be one of the leading QB's in college football and a top draft pick (late 1st/early 2nd round).

Haskins seems to be a pretty extraordinary passer. It's not exactly a big knock on Burrow to say he doesn't have the same arm

Apples & oranges IMO. Burrow has no where near the offensive talent around him that Haskins has. I mean does any LSU skill player (WR, RB or TE) start for Ohio State?

Bottom line is that Burrow has directed his team to two wins over Top Ten teams in his first three games. This guy is still raw and I expect that next year he'll be one of the leading QB's in college football and a top draft pick (late 1st/early 2nd round).

Wow. I don’t know that I would ever question the talent at LSU. They pump out as many pros as anyone, but QB play has definitely held them back over the years. Burrow might just be the missing piece. This was a great win. The win over Miami? Ehhh, not sold on the Canes. Today was the real deal, though, for sure.

Wow. I don’t know that I would ever question the talent at LSU. They pump out as many pros as anyone, but QB play has definitely held them back over the years. Burrow might just be the missing piece. This was a great win. The win over Miami? Ehhh, not sold on the Canes. Today was the real deal, though, for sure.

On defense and historically at RB you're right. But this year they lost a big chunk of their starting O-line to injury's and suspensions. Even worse, they didn't enter the season with the usual stud RB. Over the last few years the entire LSU offense has struggled to throw the ball effectively.

I get that Miami isn't a top 10 team now but they aren't chopped liver. They had a nice blow out win today on the road against a decent Toledo team and should be top 20 on Monday.

BTW, the reason I know a little bit about LSU is one of my best friends has lived in New Orleans for the last 25 years and he lives & breaths Tiger football. And down in the buyo they love Geaux! Their QB'ing the last few years has been so bad that they see him as the next coming of Tom Brady. As my friend often lectures me, in the SEC the key for a QB is NOT to throw INT's and NOT to fumble the ball. Burrow's avoidance of TO's is a big deal in Tiger land.

Haskins seems to be a pretty extraordinary passer. It's not exactly a big knock on Burrow to say he doesn't have the same arm

I agree with you about Haskins. But having seen all the LSU & OSU games so far it's hard to judge what Burrow has in comparison given the very different type of games that have been played.

I would again point out though how amazing was it that Ohio State had two QB's with this much talent. After the Buckeye's beat TCU (I don't care what the stats say, it's a Big 12 defense) tonight Haskins & Burrows will each be quarterbacking top 10 teams. Talk about a win/win for each of these kids who both seem like class acts.

The biggest difference between OSU and LSU is the coaching. LSU's offense has been completely uninspired for years. Their wide receivers all have blazing speed, yet were unable to get separation all game. Burrow consistently had to throw it into airtight windows. That's a coaching issue.

Even under Miles it was this way. OBJ is a generational talent, and he had a total of 12 touchdowns in 40 games at LSU. It's only got worse under Ed Orgeron.

Akron wins 39-34. Blunder by Akron gave Northwestern a shot at the endzone on the last play but it fell incomplete.

The biggest difference between OSU and LSU is the coaching. LSU's offense has been completely uninspired for years. Their wide receivers all have blazing speed, yet were unable to get separation all game. Burrow consistently had to throw it into airtight windows. That's a coaching issue.

Even under Miles it was this way. OBJ is a generational talent, and he had a total of 12 touchdowns in 40 games at LSU. It's only got worse under Ed Orgeron.

Absolutely