'Better Call Saul'

OK Saul fans, someone needs to tell me what happened from Mike's meeting with Gus on as my DVR stopped at that point.

I loved the scene with Mike at the support group.

Very short and sweet.

Mike asks Gus "are you going to offer me a job or what?" (referring to a singular gig I believe) and it pretty much ends there.

Also a badass scene.. When Nacho said he needs to get back up to go after the Espinoza's and the two cousins look at each other, and slowly walk in guns blazing and take them all out.

Also a badass scene.. When Nacho said he needs to get back up to go after the Espinoza's and the two cousins look at each other, and slowly walk in guns blazing and take them all out.

Badass yes. Fit the show? Eh?

That was the first time I was kind of disappointed in Gilligan. Two pissed off guys with guns take out an entire compound? In broad daylight? In what appears to be an area with people (no cops called?)? The show has always been very calculated even with the twins. This move was uncharacteristic. The last time they went off half-cocked (or should I say the next time?) they get owned by an overweight DEA agent.

That is my initial thought as well but Jimmy is so in love with her that the only way they can explain her as not being in BB at all is if she somehow dies.

Two episodes ago I was thinking that Jimmy is heading down that slope and she is pushing him away. I figured this is how the separation would begin. Then last night we see her getting off on the scam.

Extremely interested to see what becomes of Nacho as well. Seeing him have two fake Manitoba ID's for him and his father is really interesting. His character is calculated and he is obviously biding time and making enough money to split. Having a couple crack whores in his house was odd but I'm sure there is more we will see down the road as to why?

I love reading some of the wild theories people on /r/bettercallsaul have about the show.
Here's one I don't think I've seen anywhere yet: What if the call Jimmy/Saul needs Francesca to answer is from Kim and the reason we didn't see her during the Breaking Bad era is because Kim has been in prison for the many crimes she committed (and Jimmy listed) in getting Huell off the hook? Or from some upcoming illicit activity in trying to get Kevin at Mesa Verde the design changes he wants?

Also, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks the fate of the Germans will be. It's pretty clear they won't all make it back to Germany safely after the super lab is built. Does Gus have all of them killed? Just Werner? Does Mike have to take a full measure against Kai? Does Lydia play some role (thus explaining Mike's utter contempt for her in BB)?

The writers have said they don't know where Kim's arc is going/ will end. Of course, some choose not to believe them.

I love reading some of the wild theories people on /r/bettercallsaul have about the show.
Here's one I don't think I've seen anywhere yet: What if the call Jimmy/Saul needs Francesca to answer is from Kim and the reason we didn't see her during the Breaking Bad era is because Kim has been in prison for the many crimes she committed (and Jimmy listed) in getting Huell off the hook? Or from some upcoming illicit activity in trying to get Kevin at Mesa Verde the design changes he wants?

Also, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks the fate of the Germans will be. It's pretty clear they won't all make it back to Germany safely after the super lab is built. Does Gus have all of them killed? Just Werner? Does Mike have to take a full measure against Kai? Does Lydia play some role (thus explaining Mike's utter contempt for her in BB)?

Did not think of that but they certainly have spent a lot of time on Werner and Kai. That napkin was some foreshadowing.

Badass yes. Fit the show? Eh?

That was the first time I was kind of disappointed in Gilligan. Two pissed off guys with guns take out an entire compound? In broad daylight? In what appears to be an area with people (no cops called?)? The show has always been very calculated even with the twins. This move was uncharacteristic. The last time they went off half-cocked (or should I say the next time?) they get owned by an overweight DEA agent.

“Or should I say the next time”, great catch!

*SPOILERS* In case anyone stupidly clicked on this thread before seeing the season finale

Mike is cold as ice. The scenes with Werner had a No Country For Old Men feel.

For everything Michael has been involved in up to this point, I think this was his 'turning point'. He showed some humanity talking to Werner, but it's clear he took a step in the wrong direction.

For a smart guy, Werner was incredibly naive.

Did they ever really tell him WHY they were digging the giant hole under the laundry? I'm sure he knows it's something illegal. Highly illegal. But this is also how governments do top secret locations. Though, they do it piecemeal with multiple contractors only having access to very small parts of the overall project. And for how much they're being paid, all of them, Werner seems absurdly clueless how much jeopardy just seeing his wife would put him in. He should have been fearing a situation where once the work was done they'd find themselves at home inside that curing south wall. So, why p*** off the guy who could do it? The money doesn't make sense unless this was entirely illegal.

Jimmy? It’s saul Goodman!

I'm glad we finally got to see where he makes the switch. Until now, I was thinking he'd somehow try to pass the bar under a false persona he creates, but it's good to see he got reinstated.

But Kim's look at him gloating about how he fooled the board after she was wiping away tears and looking at what she thought was a sincere Jimmy McGill.

I don't think it was ever explained to him that he was building the world's most expensive meth lab, but I mean, that shouldn't really need to be said. He's in charge of building a secret, large underground room beneath a laundromat on the outskirts of Albuquerque. Whatever it is, the people who are paying the bills are not boy scouts.

But Kim's look at him gloating about how he fooled the board after she was wiping away tears and looking at what she thought was a sincere Jimmy McGill.

Many pieces coming together and one of course being the jump to "It's all good man." But the other is Kim. What the in the heck happens with Kim? It has to be that she realizes Jimmy is incapable of redemption right? That everything he does is a scam and has a motive?

The other is Nacho. I'm interested to see where his character goes, especially since he seems to have a moral compass.

I'd also agree with Mike making the turn. Is all I kept thinking with Werner was half-measures and full-measures. Mike knew he had to take a full-measure once Gus said to stay put (essentially coming to kill Werner) but he was not all-in until he pulled that trigger.

I cannot stand how TWD has been ruined in order to bleed everything from it. BB and Gilligan figured it out in that they ended the show on top and left people wanting more. Then they simply started a spin off in BCS with their best characters (Jimmy, Mike, Gus, Salamanca).

And lastly, you cannot tail Mike. ;)

Many pieces coming together and one of course being the jump to "It's all good man." But the other is Kim. What the in the heck happens with Kim? It has to be that she realizes Jimmy is incapable of redemption right? That everything he does is a scam and has a motive?

The other is Nacho. I'm interested to see where his character goes, especially since he seems to have a moral compass.

I'd also agree with Mike making the turn. Is all I kept thinking with Werner was half-measures and full-measures. Mike knew he had to take a full-measure once Gus said to stay put (essentially coming to kill Werner) but he was not all-in until he pulled that trigger.

I cannot stand how TWD has been ruined in order to bleed everything from it. BB and Gilligan figured it out in that they ended the show on top and left people wanting more. Then they simply started a spin off in BCS with their best characters (Jimmy, Mike, Gus, Salamanca).

And lastly, you cannot tail Mike. ;)

I can't wait to see the misery Mike rains down on that fool.

I watched the first episode last night. Because I usually binge it, I get a little confused with the timeline when I start back up.

From what I can tell, Walt hasn't started making meth yet, right? But it can't be too far away. I'm assuming they will allude to it when it starts showing up on the streets.

I watched the first episode last night. Because I usually binge it, I get a little confused with the timeline when I start back up.

From what I can tell, Walt hasn't started making meth yet, right? But it can't be too far away. I'm assuming they will allude to it when it starts showing up on the streets.

That might be my one complaint. They have really milked this. I thought we would be close a season ago. I think we are extremely close now but? Still appreciate Gilligan's style. Still curious for what happens to those who we never see in BB such as Kim, Nacho, and Lallo.