Lebron to LA

While I am not upset he left, that was his right ... I don’t want him back at the end ... the guy has left here twice ... stay in LA or where ever he ends up ... as long as it is not in Cleveland ... if someone want to call me a 13 year old girl, that is fine.

Sure he had the right to leave...the problem is the duplicity. Writing the SI letter about how important home was or insisting multiple times he wasn't leaving or giving LA more of a commitment than he gave the Cavs.

Sure he had the right to leave...the problem is the duplicity. Writing the SI letter about how important home was or insisting multiple times he wasn't leaving or giving LA more of a commitment than he gave the Cavs.

Have you said something one year that changed a year (or 4) later? .... I have, every job I ever took I thought I would be there the rest of my career ... yet, I ended up leaving most of them ... things change ... the contract thing was a dig at Dan Gilbert for ‘the letter’

To me, his statements about doing what is "best" for his family lets him off the hook.

I've never been a multi-millionaire, so I can only imagine what life is like for the 1% in LA. Things can move pretty quickly when a lack of money doesn't negate any choices. Maybe he'll do the Puig and commute by helicopter ?

I misread the "best for my family" stuff because I totally projected my own values into the comment. I thought that meant the more wholesome lifestyle here in Ohio.

Have you said something one year that changed a year (or 4) later? .... I have, every job I ever took I thought I would be there the rest of my career ... yet, I ended up leaving most of them ... things change ... the contract thing was a dig at Dan Gilbert for ‘the letter’

I think more than a reaction to any paper tantrum, the 1+1s were revenge for being held in indentured servitude in his first time in Cleveland, surrounded by slightly-better-than-crap talent. Put that with a failure to pay Griffin, and a lack of trust is understandable. It also negates any top player joining him for 3 years in Cleveland. He chose to be limited by his self-interest and never seemed to see it.

I still think LeBron doesn't realize he can be a . The Kyrie stuff sailed right over his head in some ways. From his early teens he's been treated as "above all the mortals", and I'm guessing he has quite a blind spot.

The more moves they make in LA the more interesting it will be to stay up and watch how the circus plays out. With Stephenson. Rondo and the Ball entourage heating up it may be popcorn worthy to see how Lebron deals with all of this. At least Isaiah Thomas got out but that would have been great too.
Guess the Lakers didn't trust Cousins injury enough to bring him in on the cheap like the Warriors and see what they could sign him for next year. Or is
the best payer in the game finding it difficult to convince top players to play with him at this stage ?

Good luck, Lakers. His teammates don't fully realize that you don't play WITH LeBron, you play FOR him. They can also expect never to be interviewed without having a question about him. With the lineup of probable miscontents on the team, it could be horrific until the Lakers get rid of everybody and get role players for James.

Good luck, Lakers. His teammates don't fully realize that you don't play WITH LeBron, you play FOR him. They can also expect never to be interviewed without having a question about him. With the lineup of probable miscontents on the team, it could be horrific until the Lakers get rid of everybody and get role players for James.

LeBron claims that he's not going to be bringing the ball up all the time anymore, and playing off the ball. Sounds like a stretch 4. We'll see. Did you hear McMenamin, Lloyd, and Vardon in a 3 hr session on 92.3 today ?

I think that, from the sound of things, he's going to spend the next year livin' that life and waiting for the UFA bonanza.

LeBron claims that he's not going to be bringing the ball up all the time anymore, and playing off the ball. Sounds like a stretch 4. We'll see. Did you hear McMenamin, Lloyd, and Vardon in a 3 hr session on 92.3 today ?

I think that, from the sound of things, he's going to spend the next year livin' that life and waiting for the UFA bonanza.

He'll let Walton know what he's going to do and how to not stand in his way.

LeBron playing extensively off the ball is something we've heard for a few years, but that hasn't ever really materialized with consistency.

Assuming the kid's still there when the season starts, I can't believe he'd start by deferring to Lonzo Ball. No way he's giving him and loud mouth Lavar any of his spotlight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LeBron playing extensively off the ball is something we've heard for a few years, but that hasn't ever really materialized with consistency.

Assuming the kid's still there when the season starts, I can't believe he'd start by deferring to Lonzo Ball. No way he's giving him and loud mouth Lavar any of his spotlight.

Do you think Lonzo is going to beat out Rondo ? I think Lonzo has lost the job already.

Maybe the Lakers are not done, and obviously cap conditions are different, but just imagine the national media mockfest if LeBron had stayed in Cleveland and Altman had worked sign-and-trades to get Rondo, Stephenson, and McGee.

They would be losing their collective sh1t, moaning over what a mistake it was to have signed up for that :laugh:

Even if it was a one year stop gap to preserve having huge cap space next summer, no doubt the Cavs' would be getting killed in the media for signing a combination of clowns and washed up guys.

So he's content pissing away a year of end prime :laugh:

He went there so he could gat going in the movie business, not win championships.

He said he's still in championship mode...worried about his legacy...chasing ghosts.

It's 2018 and he's a mega millionaire...dont have to live in LA to be in the movie business.

He said he's still in championship mode...worried about his legacy...chasing ghosts.

It's 2018 and he's a mega millionaire...dont have to live in LA to be in the movie business.

Bronny starting HS, 4 year contract, he and wife like the good life......hmmm

I agree with the movie stuff - as an actor. No time in-season for that and he already had a house for the off season. As a producer, though, it’s easier to get a face-to-face now. Meetings for Chinese-made headphones and the like, too.

LeBron may not win another Title. But do you know what he will NOW get because he's a Laker ?

MVP honors, all fouls called in the paint, and mega-legacy building.......then they'll be sick of him in the Laker locker room. His Highness seems to wear thin at four years.

LeBron may not win another Title. But do you know what he will NOW get because he's a Laker ?

MVP honors, all fouls called in the paint, and mega-legacy building.......then they'll be sick of him in the Laker locker room. His Highness seems to wear thin at four years.

He going to retire in 4 years? Cause otherwise they are stuck with him.

I'd say he has about the same chance of returning to the Finals with LA as he would've with the Cavs this coming season (and could improve with a trade). LA has a lot more appeal for FA to sign there than Cleveland ever would. Just not a lot of guys telling their agents "I hope Cleveland offers me a max deal", especially without LeBron.

I'd go as far to say that the worst thing to ever happen to LeBron was Cleveland having the #1 overall as he graduated HS. It was a great story about an 18 year old kid getting to be the star of his hometown team. He was going to make sports in Cleveland relevant. He was going to revive the entire city. And for the most part he did. But when he didn't get a championship and left for Miami fans like y2h took it personal. When he returned it was like Jesus had risen. But now that he's left again he's painted as a fraud. He's done more for NEO than any other single person but now that he's left, it's no longer appreciated.

If LeBron never puts on a Cavs uniform the only talk is about how he never forgot where he came from.

LeBron James 'King of LA' Mural Vandalized After Fan Offers Money to Alter It

DhnOkgBWkAIzwYt.jpg

Original:

DhnOkBnXkAEZSXg.jpg

His Highness seems to wear thin at four years.

When he returned it was like Jesus had risen. But now that he's left again he's painted as a fraud. He's done more for NEO than any other single person but now that he's left, it's no longer appreciated.

And this is what I don't get. We had 11 years to watch the LeBron drama play out before our eyes and some of his demands, his diva-like demeanor, and dismissive attitude toward ownership and even management were tolerated because of his transformative talent. Plus, admit it or not, he was a remarkable ambassador and citizen for Northeast Ohio. But to suddenly take LeBron James to task for leaving is puzzling, given what he's given, on many levels, but particularly the title.

It is no secret James has a shelf-life of about three years before his act wears on a fan base, a front office and a locker room. Here is some cocktail party psychiatry: I think James will rue the day he signed with the Lakers. He's going to a place where huge stars are commonplace. He's not going to command the stage like he did in Cleveland and Miami. Certainly, he's a big name, the best player on the planet, but he's not the leading man in Los Angeles. Hell, he's not even the biggest name in the Laker organization as long as Magic Johnson is there. I wonder how his ego will tolerate, first, losing, and two, not being able to dictate the direction of the franchise. Here, he was regaled, revered. Let's see what happens if he can't deliver what he did in Miami and Cleveland.

I think James will rue the day he signed with the Lakers. He's going to a place where huge stars are commonplace. He's not going to command the stage like he did in Cleveland and Miami. Certainly, he's a big name, the best player on the planet, but he's not the leading man in Los Angeles. Hell, he's not even the biggest name in the Laker organization as long as Magic Johnson is there. I wonder how his ego will tolerate, first, losing, and two, not being able to dictate the direction of the franchise. Here, he was regaled, revered. Let's see what happens if he can't deliver what he did in Miami and Cleveland.

I could be very wrong but I kind of think that's what he's looking for at this stage, especially for his wife and kids

He wants to be the biggest star on the planet. He thinks his basketball career tied to his movie career will make this happen. He is in for a rude awakening.

Its killing him inside that Kyrie got a bigger movie than anything he has been in.