Non-Lebron Offseason Talk

Taco MacArthur

League sources are telling Woj that Paul George will not opt-in with the Thunder but everything I've read recently kinda seems like he may stay for another year.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the Cavs continue to waste roster space and player salary money on Perkins. Hire him as a coach or consultant if you need the locker room presence. They picked up his option last night.

Lakers and Spurs apparently re-open Kawhi talks and are "productive." I have no f-ing clue what is going on in San Antonio. What an absolute mess this whole situation has been.

The Cavs picked up Perkins option to use as trade bait, they can now add his contract with another player to net a large contract in return. If they aren’t able to they will just waive him before it becomes guaranteed.

Yup. His contract is a finger on the butcher's scale at trade time.

Not sure why anyone but a player with declining skills would ever "opt in". It is a significant reason for negotiating in such options in the first place. They can still sign and trade a brand new contract, even a one-year.

Becky Hammon got promoted in the Spurs organization. She is now the 3rd lead assistant and will sit courtside on the bench with Pop, Messina, Udoka. Curious to see if/when she gets a HC job and how that will go.

Side note: Pop's coaching tree is amazing.

Word is Paul George is in OKC as free agency begins. Russell Westbrook is rumored to be throwing a bomb party with Nas performing. Guests forced to sign non-disclosure agreements.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Guess Paul George enjoys the extra vacation time every year after getting bounced out of the first round.

Really like OKC for the foreseeable future now. Having Russ and PG locked in long-term puts them in a really good spot if the cap jumps again in the next couple years. Getting Carmelo off the books next summer or flipping him to a salary dumping team at the deadline gives them at least a puncher's chance in the west.

Really like OKC for the foreseeable future now. Having Russ and PG locked in long-term puts them in a really good spot if the cap jumps again in the next couple years. Getting Carmelo off the books next summer or flipping him to a salary dumping team at the deadline gives them at least a puncher's chance in the west.

Agree. They could add a third guy next season that can help them get past GS.

You can do those things when your star player signs a multi-year deal and doesn’t insist you sign all his mediocre buddies to huge contracts that strangle the team roster and payroll.

Signing Carmelo was just a dumb decision to begin with. That's not the sort of guy who is going to work with someone like Russ, where as George is a really good compliment to Westbrook. They would have been better off using the money the spent on Anthony to sign a couple 3 and D guys.

Actually, I'd bet that come the trade deadline his expiring contract will get them a couple 3 and D guys with lengthy/expensive deals.

Jimmy Butler is tired of Minnesota and KAT's lackadaisical attitude. I know Pop has been adamant about not trading Kawhi in the West, but a Butler-Kawhi swap would be interesting. Very unlikely to happen though.

Woj says Melo and OKC will part ways this summer.

They basically have to as it'll save them over $100M. Smart for Melo to option in on his players decision. It'll get him his $27M or whatever it is, the Thunder have to part ways with him (nobody's going to work a trade) and he can go wherever he wants.

Jimmy Butler is tired of Minnesota and KAT's lackadaisical attitude. I know Pop has been adamant about not trading Kawhi in the West, but a Butler-Kawhi swap would be interesting. Very unlikely to happen though.

Remember when the Cavs were making a play for Butler in competition with the TWolves, and Kyrie very publicly told Butler, "Don't come here"?

Kyrie recently said that he WILL NOT extend with Boston. Those two team up somewhere after next season.

Remember when the Cavs were making a play for Butler in competition with the TWolves, and Kyrie very publicly told Butler, "Don't come here"?

Kyrie recently said that he WILL NOT extend with Boston. Those two team up somewhere after next season.

Man, if I'm another star I do not want to have anything to do with Kyrie. Based off everything we've heard about how he felt about LeBron coming back, how he feels about Boston nearly making it to the Finals without him, dude's a teammate unless everything is revolving around him. No way I want to play with that if I'm another top 25 player.

Kyrie has proven without doubt to me that he is a total self-absorbed moron. Worst case for the Celtics for the foreseeable future is virtually breezing to the Eastern Conference finals every year.

I think we may have a candidate for worst contract to be tendered this summer. The Bulls matched Sacramento's offer sheet to RFA Zach LaVine, 4 years and $78 million.

Huge risk IMO. He's only played about 70 games the last two seasons due to an ACL tear, and his game and potential are predicated entirely on his athleticism.

CP3 wanting to get his buddy paid in Houston now that he got his.
Just what the Rockets need to shut down the Warriors is the lock down defense of Anthony. Rockets lose Moute and Ariza. Meanwhile the Warriors going to keep Kevin Looney despite interest from other teams including the Rockets.

Kyrie has proven without doubt to me that he is a total self-absorbed moron. Worst case for the Celtics for the foreseeable future is virtually breezing to the Eastern Conference finals every year.

He wants to be a Knick now.

Looks like Charles Oakley was misunderstood for the 3rd time in a few years.
This time got caught cheating on camera July 8th at the Cosmopolitan.
Serious allegations this time around.

Jabari Parker to the Bulls for 2 years/$40 million.

Chicago is either going to be a surprise team pending health and player development, or they're going to look like idiots that offered up the two worst contracts of the summer.

I think JR would look good as a Knick with him,no defense pals...BAM!

Agreed !

Signing Carmelo was just a dumb decision to begin with. That's not the sort of guy who is going to work with someone like Russ, where as George is a really good compliment to Westbrook. They would have been better off using the money the spent on Anthony to sign a couple 3 and D guys.

Friends don't let friends sign Carmelo.

After listening to Cowherd blather on about why a SA trade of rent-a-Kawhi to Toronto was so bad yesterday, it was pretty funny to wake up and hear it is nearly a done deal now.

Kind of like me saying LeBron would be dumb to go to LA........ :laugh:

Yup, nearly a done deal. Kawhi's uncle comes out and says Kawhi has zero interest in playing in Toronto. Kawhi may or may not be the smartest guy, I have no idea. But how are you this tone deaf to the situation? Does he not log onto the internet? Does he not watch ESPN? He's a laughingstock for allowing his nutjob, money hungry uncle to run his professional life.