Girls Finals March 16

crudog

Gilmour Academy 47
Bellbrook 40

Bellbrook was a surprise...nice job, ladies! This was the best game of the tournament thus far, yet I thought it would be the biggest blowout. If anyone else was watching the game, please correct me, but GA invoked only one brief substitution at the 5:20 mark of the 4th quarter. I can only assume the coach didn’t like how the bench matched-up with the opponent. ?

GA 11-25 at the FT the line. ?

Toledo Rogers 62
New Philadelphia 57

At different times Rogers had leads of 12 and 9 points in the 2nd half. Not only was this a good game, but it was very entertaining. There was something going on at all times.

Solon 51
wadsworth 31

solon was the better team the entire game and their defense has been so good all season lets win a state title

DI Final
Pickerington Central 62
Mason 48

PC missed two uncontested layups in the 7th minute of the 4th quarter. I thought it may come back to haunt them as Mason began to batten down the hatches only down about eight at the time. Then a Tiger Storm hit and that was that. Mason was 13 of 49 from the field.

Correction....

I was told it was their Coach. Turns out it was an English teacher that gives motivational talks. He spoke at their rally Friday morning at the school. Slammed all of Solon. Classless. Check Medina Gazzette from Friday. No sense for that stuff.

“We’re not the ones who were born with a silver spoon in our mouth like the team we are playing Friday,” he said. “We’re not the ones who dine on prime rib and lobster and drinks bottled water with their pinky in the air like the team we are playing Friday. We’re not the ones who drive into the school parking lot in the finest autos like the team we are playing Friday.
“We’d have it no other way.”
Classic us vs. them strategy. A bit stupid when you're talking about kids about to share the same room with the other kids but it's a big arena so...

It's not exactly fighting words to the ones attacked. Oh Oh, he said we have silver spoons. They're kind of in the position to handle it. Besides, Wadsworth relative to a lot of the communities around... has at least some plating on the spoons.

But I'll agree on "stupid." You get at least one of those teachers/admins in every building don't you? Thinks he/she is the hero.... but probably never had a job outside a school building.

link

“We’re not the ones who were born with a silver spoon in our mouth like the team we are playing Friday,” he said. “We’re not the ones who dine on prime rib and lobster and drinks bottled water with their pinky in the air like the team we are playing Friday. We’re not the ones who drive into the school parking lot in the finest autos like the team we are playing Friday.
“We’d have it no other way.”

http://www.medina-gazette.com/News/2018/03/16/Grizzlies-saluted-ahead-of-state-semifinals.html

:Ohno:

Classic us vs. them strategy. A bit stupid when you're talking about kids about to share the same room with the other kids but it's a big arena so...

It's not exactly fighting words to the ones attacked. Oh Oh, he said we have silver spoons. They're kind of in the position to handle it. Besides, Wadsworth relative to a lot of the communities around... has at least some plating on the spoons.

But I'll agree on "stupid." You get at least one of those teachers/admins in every building don't you? Thinks he/she is the hero.... but probably never had a job outside a school building.

I grew up in Solon and I fill my belly (dine? really?) with tacos and Diet Pepsi. I drive a Ford Ranger. Stereotypes are shortcuts to thinking for ignorant people. :p

I grew up in Solon and I fill my belly (dine? really?) with tacos and Diet Pepsi. I drive a Ford Ranger. Stereotypes are shortcuts to thinking for ignorant people. :p

Once saw a shirt for sale that said it best (and worst):

"Stereotypes are real time savers."

I suspect the guy knew what he was talking about, just knew the kids he was trying to excite, didn't.

Has your life been irreparably harmed by the guy's "stereotyping" of you? Probably not. Or as we say, GTFOI.

I don't know Solon from Wadsworth. In my neighborhood, if there's a Ford Ranger, it belongs to someone else and it's most likely already in parts. The tacos don't have cheese or lettuce or tomato. And there is NO ONE on a diet.

I suspect the guy knew what he was talking about, just knew the kids he was trying to excite, didn't.

Has your life been irreparably harmed by the guy's "stereotyping" of you? Probably not. Or as we say, GTFOI.

I don't know Solon from Wadsworth. In my neighborhood, if there's a Ford Ranger, it belongs to someone else and it's most likely already in parts. The tacos don't have cheese or lettuce or tomato. And there is NO ONE on a diet.

Whoopie :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight: Some coach makes ridiculous, stereotypical statements about my home town, and I make a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal. And you make an issue of it in order to make me look foolish.

I think that says a lot more about you than it does about me. :p

Meta, just to be clear-it was not the coach to whom those quotes came from if I'm following this soap opera correctly. Per Bigden and the Gazette article. :cool:

So let me get this straight: Some coach makes ridiculous, stereotypical statements about my home town, and I make a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal. And you make an issue of it in order to make me look foolish.

I think that says a lot more about you than it does about me. :p

You continued a week old thread. You didn't need help looking foolish. I didn't think you looked foolish until your silly "rebuttal." More butt than all.

My comment about the stereotyping was in my first post. But that doesn't mean I can't think someone would have to be just a bit too sensitive to get upset about it. It wasn't exactly an insult, regardless it stereotyped.

But your point is valid, Solon and Wadsworth are almost EXACTLY alike, right?
Wadsworth Below Poverty: 4%
Solon Below Poverty: 2%

For all practical purposes, no difference. Not everyone has a "silver spoon."

Wadsworth family median:$58K
Solon family median: $112K

:laugh:

Get outa here with that butt hurt. YOU are the one downplayed that places struggle more than either. That wasn't me. That was you, "whoopie" Goldberg. From MY POV, neither one of your communities has room for much complaint. Life for the most is pretty good there. That's not an insult.

You continued a week old thread. You didn't need help looking foolish. I didn't think you looked foolish until your silly "rebuttal." More butt than all.

My comment about the stereotyping was in my first post. But that doesn't mean I can't think someone would have to be just a bit too sensitive to get upset about it. It wasn't exactly an insult, regardless it stereotyped.

But your point is valid, Solon and Wadsworth are almost EXACTLY alike, right?
Wadsworth Below Poverty: 4%
Solon Below Poverty: 2%

For all practical purposes, no difference. Not everyone has a "silver spoon."

Wadsworth family median:$58K
Solon family median: $112K

:laugh:

Get outa here with that butt hurt. YOU are the one downplayed that places struggle more than either. That wasn't me. That was you, "whoopie" Goldberg. From MY POV, neither one of your communities has room for much complaint. Life for the most is pretty good there. That's not an insult.

Still stalking me? I don't give a crap about poverty rates. I'm not interested in your justifications. You strike me as one strange unit. %$#@ off!!! :p

Still stalking me? I don't give a crap about poverty rates.

YOU responded to and quoted ME first; one, two, three, four times. :laugh:

Too much of that diet pepsi and not enough nutritional value, see what that did to you? The guy said you Solonites were rich, not stupid. Guess he missed an opportunity, I can see why you were so offended that he called you rich.

I don't know about over there, but here, it generally takes hard work to get and keep that silver spoon. Wouldn't offend me at all to be told I had one. But feel free to keep scraping your butt along the rug it seems to be making your day.

YOU responded to and quoted ME first; one, two, three, four times. :laugh:

Too much of that diet pepsi and not enough nutritional value, see what that did to you? The guy said you Solonites were rich, not stupid. Guess he missed an opportunity, I can see why you were so offended that he called you rich.

I don't know about over there, but here, it generally takes hard work to get and keep that silver spoon. Wouldn't offend me at all to be told I had one. But feel free to keep scraping your butt along the rug it seems to be making your day.

I said it as a joke. And it sure seemed to get your panties in a twist. You are one mean, vicious little dude. And you're dead wrong if you don't think your posts make you look foolish. Come on!! Let me have it again!! Show us all what you're really like.