NCAA Tournament Discussion

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Trae Young really struggling for Oklahoma. They are losing 55-50 to Rhode Island. He hasn't scored since midway through the first half. Just 8:40 left in the game.

RI 69-67 with :42 left. Young finally started making some shots. He has 12 points in the last 7+ minutes.

Trae Young needs to stay in college. He's not an NBA player, at least not yet. It's unfortunate ESPN decided to push their marketing to a player and not just cover teams like they should.

Heck of a win by URI. After the first half I thought Oklahoma would win since it seemed like their points were coming by a lot easier than URI's.

Trae Young is definitely ready for the NBA. He made some great passes and knew where to be on a lot of rebounding situations. Not his best night shooting but that's what happens when teams gameplan around you specifically.

Young led the NCAA in points and assists as a true freshman, seems worthy of some media coverage.

#3 in the nation in shot attempts, #1 in turnovers.

Does an NBA team just hand the keys over to him and let him play his style?? I say not, stay in college for at least another year. The NBA is only going to be G-league or overseas at this point, there are lot of guys like Young in the NBA.

Trae Young needs to stay in college. He's not an NBA player, at least not yet. It's unfortunate ESPN decided to push their marketing to a player and not just cover teams like they should.

Lol. So they should just mention the team and not the players?

Does an NBA team just hand the keys over to him and let him play his style?? I say not, stay in college for at least another year. The NBA is only going to be G-league or overseas at this point, there are lot of guys like Young in the NBA.

I don't think he'll be much of an NBA player either. But what does this have to do with your whining about a freshman who led the country in points and assists getting media coverage?

Stop your crying.

I don't think he'll be much of an NBA player either. But what does this have to do with your whining about a freshman who led the country in points and assists getting media coverage?

Stop your crying.

Ok, let's back up a second. Do you think Lon Kruger is doing this kid a service by coaching him to take a lot of shots, good and bad, and have his teammates get the ball in his hands all the time, pile up statistics and not really win as much as they should? Is that a good plan?
He will not ever be allowed to play this way with any NBA team. I honestly don't understand how the experts can see this kid at the next level.

Ok, let's back up a second. Do you think Lon Kruger is doing this kid a service by coaching him to take a lot of shots, good and bad, and have his teammates get the ball in his hands all the time, pile up statistics and not really win as much as they should? Is that a good plan?
He will not ever be allowed to play this way with any NBA team. I honestly don't understand how the experts can see this kid at the next level.

None of this has anything to do with you behaving like a child and crying about things no one is forcing you to watch. Grow up.

Your favorite coach, John Calipari, was considered to be in the lead for Young for a long time. However his dad told Cal he wants him to be the focal point of the team and to get around 30 shots a game. Cal told him nah, the only guarantee i give is you will become a better player and they backed off.

What is also interesting is that there were plenty of recruits who didnt want to go play with Trae Young. Seems like he got what he wanted, focal point/lots of shots.

Thought 14Red was just trolling for a minute, then he doubled and triple down on stupid. :laugh:
Young is compared most favorably to Steph Curry, you know 2x NBA Champ and 2x League MVP.

Nice close out by Kam.

No Kaleb Wesson just because they packed in a zone. Can't believe Holtmann played right into their strategy and abandoned our post game and talented big man