Marvin Lewis Re-Signed through 2019

Serves the fans right for defending him for so long. The guy didn't win a playoff game for 13 seasons and well over half the fanbase was apoplectic at the suggestion of firing him.

The one coach everyone was sure was fired 2 weeks ago is still standing and 6 others are gone. I don't know why he would want this. I can't imagine any Bengal fans are happy. As a Steeler fan I'm ok with it.

He's back
He's cheap
Does mike Browns bidding
Will Win 2 games to go 7-9 when it doesn't matter
Will get out coached in the second half of every close game
Will draft poorly for the future
Will fail to win a playoff game
Yep. That's our Marvin
Glad I gave up season tickets years ago. Have not missed a thing!

He's back
He's cheap
Does mike Browns bidding
Will Win 2 games to go 7-9 when it doesn't matter
Will get out coached in the second half of every close game
Will draft poorly for the future
Will fail to win a playoff game
Yep. That's our Marvin
Glad I gave up season tickets years ago. Have not missed a thing!

99.99% of season tix holders will piss and moan, but ultimately keep their tix. The only power the fans have is as a collective. However, there will always be ppl that "break the picket line" bc they're weak.

Serves the fans right for defending him for so long. The guy didn't win a playoff game for 13 seasons and well over half the fanbase was apoplectic at the suggestion of firing him.

I haven't come across that half of the fan base you're referring to.

99.99% of season tix holders will piss and moan, but ultimately keep their tix. The only power the fans have is as a collective. However, there will always be ppl that "break the picket line" bc they're weak.

What do you base this on? My friends and I cancelled our season tickets after the 2010 season when Lewis was brought back. Heck, Jeff Berding had to resign from city council because he needed to focus on his job at with the Bengals as director of sales.

What do you base this on? My friends and I cancelled our season tickets after the 2010 season when Lewis was brought back. Heck, Jeff Berding had to resign from city council because he needed to focus on his job at with the Bengals as director of sales.

Completely annecdotal.

I had season tickets since 82. Even went a few yeas at PBS. But good golly. Enough is enough. I finally gave them up. And have not been back and never one moment of regret. Guess I'm in the .001%

Except for the part that isn't. Again, can you point me to what you're basing your opinion on? Even anecdotal evidence would be ok.

Reading Twitter, countless comments about ppl giving up supporting the Bengals. I really want to know how many Season Tix holders give up their tix bc of this. My guess, very few. It's a lot of huffing and puffing with no action.

Reading Twitter, countless comments about ppl giving up supporting the Bengals. I really want to know how many Season Tix holders give up their tix bc of this. My guess, very few. It's a lot of huffing and puffing with no action.

So your evidence that only .01% of season ticket holders will walk away is based on people complaining on twitter. That makes sense. And I'm still trying to figure out how Jeff Berding having to resign from city council to focus on marketing/sales, after Lewis was brought back in 2011 is anecdotal.

So your evidence that only .01% of season ticket holders will walk away is based on people complaining on twitter. That makes sense. And I'm still trying to figure out how Jeff Berding having to resign from city council to focus on marketing/sales, after Lewis was brought back in 2011 is anecdotal.

What % of sales come from Season Tix? I have no idea the exact %, but the only way for fans to get heard is by a significant % canceling their season tix. Unlike the UT debacle, no Bengal fan has the following that Clay Travis had, and I also doubt anyone will make up rumors about Marvin knowing about a child rape ring.

While the NFL would love to show people sitting in the seats on TV ticket sales mean very little to the owners in the grand scheme of things.

While the NFL would love to show people sitting in the seats on TV ticket sales mean very little to the owners in the grand scheme of things.

I imagine there's some kind of clause that dictates a minimum avg attendance required to maintain a franchise. Say the Bengals average 10k fans a game, wouldn't the NFL have to step in and take control?

In reality the odds of the Bengals finding a coach that would take the job AND that would do any better than ML were about the same as my odds of winning the Power Ball this week without buying a ticket.

I imagine there's some kind of clause that dictates a minimum avg attendance required to maintain a franchise. Say the Bengals average 10k fans a game, wouldn't the NFL have to step in and take control?

I'm willing to bet the NFL doesn't want any part of challenging the Brown family on something like that if it does exist given the attendance issues across the league.

I hate to defend Pboy but... HYPERBOLE! Ever heard of it?

In reality the odds of the Bengals finding a coach that would take the job AND that would do any better than ML were about the same as my odds of winning the Power Ball this week without buying a ticket.

There's plenty of established talent on the roster for a competent coach to win 10/11 games.

QB- Dalton is decent. Nowhere near elite, but he's firmly in the top half of QBs in the league.
WR/TE- Above average with Green, and a healthy Eifert. Boyd and Croft have both shown potential.
OL- Played better towards the end of the year, but still sub par.
RB- Mixon is an emerging star, Bernard is one of the more underrated backs in the League

DL- Atkins is still a stud, but the rest of the unit is so-so with the exception of Lawson.
LB- Weakest unit on the team. Burfict is one of the best in the League, but he's a nutcase and not reliable. The rest of the group are backup players at best.
Secondary- Average on the whole, but Jackson has shown flashes of being very good.

Top needs in the Draft: OT, OLB/DE, OG