2017-18 discussion

Do you wonder if Steve Alford regrets ever getting involved with that family?

Two interesting games on Tuesday with Duke v MSU and UK v Kansas. Doesn't mean much this early, but worth watching.

Two interesting games on Tuesday with Duke v MSU and UK v Kansas. Doesn't mean much this early, but worth watching.

I think the Duke/MSU game will be a really good game. I think UK will have their hands full with KU. KU will just be too much this early in the season.

If Zion ever got in shape it could be scary how good he could be.

I think UK loses by about 12 tonight

Kansas will likely win another B12 title, get a #1 seed and still fail to make the FF. They choke every single year they're supposed to make a run.

Love/hate reading the FB comments after every ESPN article. Kansas fans are upset ESPN picked them as only a Sweet 16 team. Maybe if your overrated coach didn't choke (almost) every year in the Tournament, you'd get more respect. As it stands, Self is one of the most disgustingly over praised coaches in any major sport. Who gives a damn about 13 straight B12 titles when you can't get to the FF with loaded teams?

Surprised the game was close, especially because of the 18 offensive rebounds they had and Kentucky had 18 turnovers to their 11. However they did have an ugly shooting night, 35% as a team. Not sure if that was because of UK's defense, an off night, or combo of the two.

Coach K may actually use more than 6 guys on a regular basis this season. This may be his best team he's ever had, based solely on the level of talent he has.

jtk
()

Good kickoff last night for college hoops. Guess we can't give the national championship to Michigan State just yet.

Not a Grayson Allen fan or Duke fan, but I'm so happy for this kid. He's had a difficult time controlling his emotions on the court. And I'm not blaming anyone, it's his fault and he needs to own it and I believe has. But I just like having kids stay in college for 4 years. Yes, he could have gone pro, he'd be playing in the D-leage or overseas and making more than he does at Duke, but there is VALUE to graduating and playing 4 years in college that simply has gone away. Our society is all about monetary gain. Go get paid. I'm so glad this kid came back to school.

The only reason he stayed in college is because he has a shi* game for the NBA. If he would have thought he'd be a lottery pick last year, he'd be gone. He's also one of the dirtiest players in college basketball in recent memory, and from most accounts a spoiled brat.