The Offseason

Derrick Rose was a modern-day NBA MVP. You must think that "there (could) be no doubt" that he was the greatest player in the NBA that year :laugh:

Or I guess now it's "little doubt" :laugh:

Curry was the reigning MVP and topped his previous MVP season by a large margin. So there is a huge difference between him and Rose. Only a moron makes that comparison, but you also compared Curry to Kerr, so moron on Weirdo. :laugh:

I never cease to be amazed at how pity and insecure some Cavs fans are about Curry.

Already looking forward to NBArank, SI, etc. notching him as the third best player going into the upcoming year and getting to hear some of you continue to act like he's light years behind Durant and barely better than Thompson and Green.

He is light years behind Durant and slightly better than Green and Thompson...he's the 2nd best player on his team.

Let me ask you this...you're starting an NBA team today and you get 2 out of the 3 of Durant, Curry and LeBron. Which 2 are you picking?

He is light years behind Durant and slightly better than Green and Thompson...he's the 2nd best player on his team.

Let me ask you this...you're starting an NBA team today and you get 2 out of the 3 of Durant, Curry and LeBron. Which 2 are you picking?

Considering a few posts ago I ranked Curry 3rd best I'm obviously taking the other two. That's really going out on a limb there.

For some reason you seem to be really hung up about this "2nd best player" thing even though it's on arguably the best team ever, a team that became elite by and large due to him with Durant jumping on the bandwagon to win easy titles. I find that to be incredibly odd.

This argument also rests on the premise that the gap between the 2nd best player and the 3rd/4th best player is vastly greater than the gap between the 3rd/4th best player and somebody ranked in the 10th-18th range. I disagree entirely on that. Curry could carry a junk team to the playoffs and average 30+ a game. Neither of those other guys could do that. This is the same as arguing there was some monumental gap between KD and Westbrook. KD was better, but not by some immeasurable degree.

Has anyone implied he's better than Lebron or Durant?

He's one of the 8 best players in the league at worst. Obviously he deserves a max contract, to suggest otherwise is stupid.

How does that prove he's only slightly better than Green and Thompson? Of course you're taking the best player in the game and the best scorer in the game over the best 3-point shooter in the game. Are you stupid?

But without Durant and with Curry as the leading man on the team:
-2 MVPs (one unanimous)
-1 NBA Championship (could easily have been two)
-67 wins, followed by 73 wins
-back-to-back shattering of the 3FGM in a season
But you're right, he's now the 2nd best player on the team and those numbers are a fluke. :rolleyes:

I love this banter on Curry/ LeBron/ Durrant. Folks, basketball is a TEAM game. When basketball becomes one on one, then you can argue all you want on who is the best player. Honestly, we don't know, nor will we ever know who the best player actually is.
Steph was very underpaid for what he's done at Golden State. But they've also been able to add pieces because he doesn't take up so much money. Moving forward that may change.

I love this banter on Curry/ LeBron/ Durrant. Folks, basketball is a TEAM game. When basketball becomes one on one, then you can argue all you want on who is the best player. Honestly, we don't know, nor will we ever know who the best player actually is.
Steph was very underpaid for what he's done at Golden State. But they've also been able to add pieces because he doesn't take up so much money. Moving forward that may change.

This is the first time you've ever been 100% right that I've read. Progress!

Wonder if FU Kemp Lahey has applied to be Koby Altman's new assistant yet ? Looks like young guys will have room to advance under Gilbert :D

The Celtics are closer to surpassing the Cavs than any team in the West is closer to leaping the Warriors.

Looks like GS is targeting Nick Young and Jamal Crawford. KD also signed for $9m less than the max, which saves GS about $25m in luxury tax somehow and may enable them to re-sign McGee.

It's surprising how many morons are still on the "hate Dan Gilbert" bandwagon post-Griffin when so little knowledge of what actually transpired is available - especially when viable player moves are even more scarce. All it takes is a few blowhards on the radio picking up a blame narrative and the dimwits jump on board.

One of the worst things about Cleveland sports (maybe second only to the Browns' draft history in the first 15 years of their return) is the second and third tier media idiots that are left behind here after young talent is cherry-picked for bigger markets or lands here after they fail in the big markets. Their desperate search for relevance, callers, or web clicks forwards so much bile out to frustrated dimwits that it's sickening.

It's not that surprising that you're a moron and you can't figure out people don't hate Gilbert just because of Griffin. It's everything he's done. Griffin is just another feather in Gilbert's childish cap.

It never ceases to amaze me how the petty jealousy of residents of a non-NBA city will cause them to obsessively troll the fans of some NBA cities. Can't they just be bandwagon, front-running, champ-humpers quietly ?

"You don't hate Curry, you don't think LeBron is the GOAT, you must be from Cincy!" :laugh:

Wow, Otto Porter gets $100M. I get his offensive efficiency, but NBA free agency is nuts.

I saw $105m. Which I don't get at all. Unless the Nets are hoping the Wizards call their bluff, they aren't going to be playoff bound anytime soon. I wonder how much meddling the Russian does with who to sign and how much to offer players.

Wonder if FU Kemp Lahey has applied to be Koby Altman's new assistant yet ? Looks like young guys will have room to advance under Gilbert :D

6383e1d7ee2b426aeea43d0113c76f38ae06e3d0b0fc6f1d41c3c46f1eee7477.jpg

Looks like GS is targeting Nick Young and Jamal Crawford. KD also signed for $9m less than the max, which saves GS about $25m in luxury tax somehow and may enable them to re-sign McGee.

Saw Crawford is going to the Hawks but I'm not sure of his contract situation. I hope it's Nick Young that goes to the Warriors though. Players union has to be pissed at KD taking that much below the max.

I saw $105m. Which I don't get at all. Unless the Nets are hoping the Wizards call their bluff, they aren't going to be playoff bound anytime soon. I wonder how much meddling the Russian does with who to sign and how much to offer players.

I'd heard the Kings at one point offered him the max contract too, so maybe that's the market price for an above average NBA forward. Sounds like the Wizards are going to match.

I'd heard the Kings at one point offered him the max contract too, so maybe that's the market price for an above average NBA forward. Sounds like the Wizards are going to match.

Sounds like the Wizards shouldn't. When the Nets and Kings are the only two teams offering him the max, it should tell you something.

Not sure if Hayward gets the Celts past the Cavs, but it sure makes things more interesting.

Not sure how much better the Celtics are with him considering they're going to need to get rid of some of their current players to get him. Olynyk's offer has already been taken back and they likely have to move one of: Bradley, Crowder or Smart.

Heyward won't be a LeBron stopper and they may have to move one of the guy's who can guard him or Kyrie. So assuming these two make the ECF again, now the Cavs win in 6 instead of 5.

Celtics biggest issues, IMO, were rebounding and rim protection. Hayward doesn't really move the needle for either of those two, obviously.