Best Wrestling Shoes

Asics and Adidas are my go to... and I like split sole

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Asics have to be the goto! Used to go to the World Cup in Toledo and always wanted the baby blue/pink adidas the Europeans were wearing. Never found them in the US.

Had a pair of these made in '86' Green, Silver and white. Never saw another pair.

ma1978vans.jpg

Asics have always been my favorite. Had Black suede with silver stripe and red suede with silver stripe back in mid eighties. Super soft. Have never found them again. I looked for years. White rubber sole with the three red dots.

Asics have to be the goto! Used to go to the World Cup in Toledo and always wanted the baby blue/pink adidas the Europeans were wearing. Never found them in the US.

Are you talking about the origanol combat speeds? I picked up two pairs in high school kind of randomly through people, but they are pretty rare. One pair I wore for all my matches and blew out the other still has some tread left on them, I think I still have both pairs around the house somewhere. I really did love those shoes they were so light, felt like you were wearing nothing.

The adidas pink 88s are still one of the most saught after pairs of shoes there is, I saw a pair a few months ago go for 3 grand.

Out of the 20 NCAA finalists in 2017, they wore:
Asic aggressor: 2
Nike Hypersweep: 3
Nike freeks: 10
Nike inflicts: 1
Asic gable classic: 1
Adidas combat speed: 2
Asic JB elite: 1

So, between brands worn among the elite college wrestlers, it looks like Nike dominated with 70%, then asics with 20%, and finally adidas with 10%.

Looks like Nike Freeks were popular this year.

As someone still wrestling in college), I'd say if you're a shoe fan with a few hundred bucks to spare, Asic Rulons are the best bet, then followed by Nike OG's. Then Asic Aggressor 1's, Nike Hypersweeps, Nike Freeks, Nike inflicts. If I were to rank opponents based on their wrestling shoes, it would go:

1: asic rulons (Black/Gold and Blue are better than gray/orange)
2. Nike OG's (red, then black)
3. Asic aggressor 1's (black/red then gray/blue then blue/yellow then yellow/black)
4. Nike Hypersweeps (black better than neon)
5. Nike freeks (black equal white better than navy)
6. Other rare or retro shoes such as old CB speeds or tiger's, etc.
7. Nike inflicts (gray red and blue all equal)
8. Asic aggressor 2's (black/silver, then gray/red)
9. Adidas Varners
10. New custom Nike inflicts (black/black better than other colors)
11. Asic aggressor 3's (white/black)
12. JB elite 2 (red/red or black/red/yellow)
13. Adidas combat speeds
14. Nike speedsweep
15. Older asic cael's or split seconds
16. Nike takedown
17. Newer asic cael's or split seconds
18. Newer custom aggressors/ aggressor 3's
19. JB elite 1 (black gold and R/W/B all equal)
20. Anything with a Velcro strap or Air Jordan's

Out of the 20 NCAA finalists in 2017, they wore:
Asic aggressor: 2
Nike Hypersweep: 3
Nike freeks: 10
Nike inflicts: 1
Asic gable classic: 1
Adidas combat speed: 2
Asic JB elite: 1

So, between brands worn among the elite college wrestlers, it looks like Nike dominated with 70%, then asics with 20%, and finally adidas with 10%.

Looks like Nike Freeks were popular this year.

I'm going to say Nike sponsored alot of the programs that was in the finals

As someone still wrestling in college), I'd say if you're a shoe fan with a few hundred bucks to spare, Asic Rulons are the best bet, then followed by Nike OG's. Then Asic Aggressor 1's, Nike Hypersweeps, Nike Freeks, Nike inflicts. If I were to rank opponents based on their wrestling shoes, it would go:

1: asic rulons (Black/Gold and Blue are better than gray/orange)
2. Nike OG's (red, then black)
3. Asic aggressor 1's (black/red then gray/blue then blue/yellow then yellow/black)
4. Nike Hypersweeps (black better than neon)
5. Nike freeks (black equal white better than navy)
6. Other rare or retro shoes such as old CB speeds or tiger's, etc.
7. Nike inflicts (gray red and blue all equal)
8. Asic aggressor 2's (black/silver, then gray/red)
9. Adidas Varners
10. New custom Nike inflicts (black/black better than other colors)
11. Asic aggressor 3's (white/black)
12. JB elite 2 (red/red or black/red/yellow)
13. Adidas combat speeds
14. Nike speedsweep
15. Older asic cael's or split seconds
16. Nike takedown
17. Newer asic cael's or split seconds
18. Newer custom aggressors/ aggressor 3's
19. JB elite 1 (black gold and R/W/B all equal)
20. Anything with a Velcro strap or Air Jordan's

No old kolats

Bought my son a pair of hyper sweeps this year. Got about 30 matches out of them before the entire sole came off. He has around 150 matches on his aggressors and counting. Asics are the king of wrestling shoes

If you want a pair of shoes that will never blow out-- Asic 54s are the way to go. The grandpa of the tire tread soles seen on Rulons and Aggressors

These are a little older, but they are the most comfortable shoe I ever wore. I still have them, and really haven't had them on in years since I got out of coaching. I cannot bring myself to sell them.

RWB Gable Ultraflex

8668811438_fb8464789d_b.jpg

Best shoes I've ever owned over all - Asics Rulon

Favorite shoe I've ever owned - 1998 Nike Takedown Supremes (Sharp looking shoe, that held up really well considering how old they were.)

Favorite shoe I currently own - Nike Freak (Comfy, and extremely tough. Had the current pair for going on 3 years, bought them brand new. I used to have a used pair that lasted me personally 4 years)

Shoe I've heard great things about, and will likely buy next - Adidas M2. (sharp looking, and remind me a lot of Kendal Cross' shoe, as well as Rulons.)

Shoe I always wanted but could never get - Adidas Kendal Cross Adistar.

Honorable mentions that I've owned and liked:

Nike inflict 1, and 2.
Asics Split Second
Asics Gable

One shoe that I'm very on the fence about is the Nike Hypersweep. They look awesome, but I've heard they're very delicate. IMO, its only really worth it to wear them if your school is supplying them, and you can get another pair for free when they blow out.