Draymond Green blasts Knicks’ ‘pathetic’ in-game, no-music experiment

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Personally, I find the NBA music and in game entertainment boring. I much prefer the student sections and bands of the college game. The NBA tries to hard most of the time because their fanbase is older and wealthier than the college game, so likely less energetic.

I wish I could have seen this game. I'm not sure it would have been better but it would have been interesting.

“That was pathetic,” Green said. “It was ridiculous. It changed the flow of the game. It changed everything. You get so used to playing the game a certain way and to completely change that? To me, I thought it was completely disrespectful to [NBA senior vice president of entertainment and player marketing] Michael Levine and [Warriors president and chief operating officer] Rick Welts [who formerly served as the NBA’s chief marketing officer] and all these guys who have done these things to change the game from an entertainment perspective and give the game a great vibe.”

“No, I don’t think they were trying to change us,” Green said. “Because I think it changed their players, too. Did you see that first half? It was just bad, sloppy, all over the place. There was no rhythm to the game. All of that stuff makes a difference, believe it or not. You get rhythm. That’s why when guys go in and work out at night, you turn on music. It helps you get into a certain area, a certain place. I don’t think they were trying to do it to throw us off, but it definitely threw the entire game off.”

Read more:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/...-knicks-pathetic-in-game-no-music-experiment/

So Draymond needs loud, ghetto rap music blaring before games in order to get in "rhythm" to do his job and earn millions of dollars?

I told my boss today that if he would just play some loud rap music, I'd get in rhythm and surely sell more. He told me to get back to work.

Be weird to play in complete silence. Retro biddy league game.... Well the Knicks are basically a biddy league team

Recently attended a Cavs' game. First time in awhile. 10 rows up, dead center. Great seats. Bogut broke his leg and the Cavs struggled throughout; almost made it a game in the last couple of minutes. As always, the noise during timeouts is non-stop. My conclusion whenever I attend has always been that the league is trying to prevent its fan base from being distracted from watching the game...and the crowd is easily distracted because, in most games over the long season, the activity on the court isn't very compelling. Make it impossible to have a conversation...

Oh hey, another post from CatAlum talking about how awful the NBA is! Which begs the question: why do you continually watch?

Oh hey, another post from CatAlum talking about how awful the NBA is! Which begs the question: why do you continually watch?

I don't.

I check in now and then. I watched the Cavs' recent loss to Boston and thought it was a very well played game.

2017...four comments on the Oakley incident. Three comments on this thread. I guess I make a big impression on you.

I wasn't aware the NBA was only around for 2 months and 13 days. Could have sworn Cleveland won a major sport championship in 2016.