5 Wadsworth
6 Highland
7 Walsh
8 Cuyahoga Falls
9 Firestone
10 Hudson
11 Nordonia
12 North.

I talked to a couple coaches from this district tonight and they said they expected:
1. Hoban
2. Medina
3. Brunswick
4. Stow

Final seeding:

#1 ARCHBISHOP HOBAN
#2 MEDINA
#3 BRUNSWICK
#4 STOW MUNROE FALLS
#5 WADSWORTH
#6 HIGHLAND
#7 WALSH JESUIT
#8 HUDSON
#9 FIRESTONE
#10 CUYAHOGA
#11 NORDONIA
#12 NORTH

Final seeding:

#1 ARCHBISHOP HOBAN
#2 MEDINA
#3 BRUNSWICK
#4 STOW MUNROE FALLS
#5 WADSWORTH
#6 HIGHLAND
#7 WALSH JESUIT
#8 HUDSON
#9 FIRESTONE
#10 CUYAHOGA
#11 NORDONIA
#12 NORTH

Thought it was not decided until tomorrow?

I would expect teams (maybe even Stow) to go after Brunswick on the line and make things interesting. Wadsworth has played real well the second half of the season.

Matchups:

(1)Hoban
vs
(8)Hudson/(9)Firestone

(3)Brunswick
vs
(5)Wadsworth/(12) Akr. North

(2)Medina
vs
(10)Cuy. Falls/(11)Nordonia

(4)Stow
vs
(6)Highland/(7)Walsh

Thanks!

When did Hoban become Div-1? This really surprise me

Last school year. When they did the STEM adjustments a few weeks before the 15-16 school year started, Hoban got bumped to D1 in Boy's Soccer, Boy's Basketball, and Baseball by 3-5 boys in each.

Last school year. When they did the STEM adjustments a few weeks before the 15-16 school year started, Hoban got bumped to D1 in Boy's Soccer, Boy's Basketball, and Baseball by 3-5 boys in each.

Thanks. Always assumed that they are Div-2. Either way, they are the clear-cut favorite in this solid but unspectacular region, although Medina can give them a game.

Thanks. Always assumed that they are Div-2. Either way, they are the clear-cut favorite in this solid but unspectacular region, although Medina can give them a game.

We were D2 until then, the problem with the change being made at that point(for Basketball to an extent, but more so for Soccer) was that the scheduling was mostly complete at that point.

Medina not that good Medina highland wins game against stow would be bad matchup.

Medina showed how good they are last weekend.

Stow lacks a true point guard and I think that hurts them...especially agianst the press. Also only one real good dribble penetrator despite having a tall athletic team. All 5 starters (even the 6'8" guys) can handle the ball fairly well but no great dribblers, plus the team falls in love with 25 footers, which can kill the team. Plus the team drives the coach crazy with moments of HORRIBLE decision making. Will have to actually play well for 32 minutes or their postseason will be very short.

Copley District Rd 2 matchups:
(1) Hoban
vs
(8) Hudson

(3) Brunswick
vs
(5) Wadsworth

(2) Medina
vs
(11) Nordonia

(4) Stow
vs
(6) Highland

Stow 44
Highland 39

Medina is going to destroy Stow next Thursday if the Bulldogs do not suddenly find their mid-season form. Tonight's game was simply disgusting to watch, and Stow was fortunate to come away with a win against a scrappy Highland team. Outhustled, outshot, and outrebounded despite a huge advantage in height and athletic ability, along with their usual propensity for stupid, careless turnovers at the worst times. Worst was the 11-23 performance from the free throw line..4th straight game at 50% or worse.

Stow had home town refs highland shot so bad

home town refs my arse. More fouls called on Stow, plus silly tech called. You on drugs, man. The refs were pretty even, but if anything, it was NOT Stow they favored.

Stow shot almost as horribly as Highland. UGLY game, both teams played like crap.

Last edited: