Any pictures of the new helmets?

Baller

With decals on it? Is the end zone still getting painted! How many kids are playing football right now. Go Magics

With decals on it? Is the end zone still getting painted! How many kids are playing football right now. Go Magics

The last practice I saw, it looked like about 60-65 players not counting freshman.

I will try to get some pics of the new helmets and I will find out about the endzones.

Thanks for info. Sounds like a pretty good number especially if Freshmen are not included in your number. Any info is appreciated. We need to make sure this team feels the support because Barberton is a sports town not just a basketball town!

I will talk to a friend of mine who will be taking pictures tommarow. Hopefully he will get some pics of those new helmets. If he does, I will have him e-mail them to me and then I will post them here.

My friend did take some pictures at the scrimmage and told me he would send a few to me. They did not have the decals on them though.

It doesn't look like the endzones will get painted this year unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmets were white with purple facemasks. A mixture of the Riddell Revolution helmets as well as other brands. I am not sure if I like the new look better or not. We will see once they get the decals and get suited up in their game uniforms. I am sure they will look sharp.....change can be a good thing!

they're gonna have an old english B on both sides in purple, a purple strip down the middle, our numbe ron the back, n however many achievement stickers we get

Here is a picture that my buddy sent me.

nickcat025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Word is that Barberton will wear purple jersies with white pants at home and white jersies with purple pants on the road. I like that as I never liked the purple on purple uniforms.

The Magics wore GRAY helmets in the late 60's through the 71 season

then switched to the PURPLE helmet// Wide gold center stripe, narrow purple and narrow white .... Arched MAGICS.... Some vaeious B's at times and at times numbers at the rear of the helmet... We may be the last HS team that wore the purple helmet...

The Magics wore GRAY helmets in the late 60's through the 71 season

then switched to the PURPLE helmet// Wide gold center stripe, narrow purple and narrow white .... Arched MAGICS.... Some vaeious B's at times and at times numbers at the rear of the helmet... We may be the last HS team that wore the purple helmet...

In 1967 the helmets were purple with a white stripe and a 'B' in a football logo 1968 the helmets were purple with a white stripe (no logo) and in 1969 they were new all white helmets (no logo).

In 1967 the helmets were purple with a white stripe and a 'B' in a football logo 1968 the helmets were purple with a white stripe (no logo) and in 1969 they were new all white helmets (no logo).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you provide a picture of any kind, team or individual prior to the early 70's with purple helmets.... Helmets were GRAY in the late 60's. :help:

Late 60's Helmets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you provide a picture of any kind, team or individual prior to the early 70's with purple helmets.... Helmets were GRAY in the late 60's. :help:

I have attached pictures of the helmets from 1967, 1968, 1969. Unfortunately they are black and white. You will have to trust me that the dark color is purple and the light color is white. Sorry, but I don't remember any gray helmets dating back to 1964. In 1970 or 1971 I believe they went to silver helmets with purple and gold stripes. Another interesting note, notice that in all three years, we wore the same home jerseys. It seems today the teams have new jerseys every year.

Attachments

• 1967-Helmet.jpg
    1967-Helmet.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 1968-Helmet.jpg
    1968-Helmet.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 1969-Helmet.jpg
    1969-Helmet.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 197
I have attached pictures of the helmets from 1967, 1968, 1969. Unfortunately they are black and white. You will have to trust me that the dark color is purple and the light color is white. Sorry, but I don't remember any gray helmets dating back to 1964. In 1970 or 1971 I believe they went to silver helmets with purple and gold stripes. Another interesting note, notice that in all three years, we wore the same home jerseys. It seems today the teams have new jerseys every year.

I thought white was what the visiting team wore in football? Was it different in the 60s'?

I thought white was what the visiting team wore in football? Was it different in the 60s'?

I'm not sure how they determine the color worn. Most of the time we wore white at home but I remember wearing new purple jerseys the last game at home against Cuyahoga Falls.