4 Lakota East 165
5 Centerville 157
6 Cincinnati Sycamore 133
7 Vandalia Butler 101
8 Lakota West 101
9 Springboro 78
10 Cincinnati Turpin 65
10 Cincinnati Anderson 65

Second place could be an exciting battle. Cville scored 49 points in diving. I'm picking Cville followed by Mason & Moe

Northeast:
1 Hudson 291
2 Massillon Jackson 195
3 Brecksville-Broadview Heights 191
4 Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 190
5 Solon 177
6 Wooster 119
7 Green 114
8 North Canton Hoover 108
9 Warren G. Harding 91
10 Shaker Heights 86

Hudson looks entrench for the top of the district, but after that it's a dogfight. I think Solon moves into second.

Northwest:
1 Strongsville 325
2 Toledo St. Francis De Sales 285
3 Lakewood St. Edward 278
4 Cleveland St. Ignatius 229
5 Findlay 139
6 Fremont Ross 133
7 Avon 128
8 Amherst Steele 125
9 Parma Normandy 86
10 Perrysburg 64

StF will definitely get faster, question is will they get fast enough? Diving may be a factor as StF scored 24 points, Iggy also scored 24, & Findlay had 40 points. Strongsville scored 0. Hard to bet against StF.

Central:
1 Upper Arlington 358
2 Columbus St. Charles 308
3 Lewis Center Olentangy 158
4 Dublin Jerome 151
5 Dublin Scioto 129
6 Hilliard Davidson 107
7 Grove City 98
8 Westerville North 84
9 New Albany 83
10 Worthington Kilbourne 80

Will SC make up 50 points? Does not appear from the sectional times that any SC swimmer was tapered so they will move up alot. SC scored 19 points in diving so they are only 31 points down going into Saturday. I think they make that up with ease and win district by 50+. Third place battle will be interesting.

Here's how each district scores its top 10 from the psych sheets:

Southwest:
1 Cincinnati St. Xavier 522
2 Mason 202
3 Cincinnati Moeller 186
4 Lakota East 165
5 Centerville 157
7 Vandalia Butler 101
8 Lakota West 101
9 Springboro 78
10 Cincinnati Turpin 65

Second place could be an exciting battle. Cville scored 49 points in diving. I'm picking Cville followed by Mason & Moe

Northeast:
1 Hudson 291
2 Massillon Jackson 195
3 Brecksville-Broadview Heights 191
4 Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 190
5 Solon 177
6 Wooster 119
7 Green 114
8 North Canton Hoover 108
9 Warren G. Harding 91
10 Shaker Heights 86

Hudson looks entrench for the top of the district, but after that it's a dogfight. I think Solon moves into second.

Northwest:
1 Strongsville 325
2 Toledo St. Francis De Sales 285
3 Lakewood St. Edward 278
4 Cleveland St. Ignatius 229
5 Findlay 139
6 Fremont Ross 133
7 Avon 128
8 Amherst Steele 125
9 Parma Normandy 86
10 Perrysburg 64

StF will definitely get faster, question is will they get fast enough? Diving may be a factor as StF scored 24 points, Iggy also scored 24, & Findlay had 40 points. Strongsville scored 0. Hard to bet against StF.

Central:
1 Upper Arlington 358
2 Columbus St. Charles 308
3 Lewis Center Olentangy 158
4 Dublin Jerome 151
5 Dublin Scioto 129
6 Hilliard Davidson 107
7 Grove City 98
8 Westerville North 84
9 New Albany 83
10 Worthington Kilbourne 80

Will SC make up 50 points? Does not appear from the sectional times that any SC swimmer was tapered so they will move up alot. SC scored 19 points in diving so they are only 31 points down going into Saturday. I think they make that up with ease and win district by 50+. Third place battle will be interesting.

St. Francis will get very fast. They always do. This year is going to much closer than in previous years, but look for St. Francis to continue their dominance of the NW district.

St. X and Hudson will roll in their districts. My bet in on St. Charles for the Central in the closest of all 4 districts.

To be honest, I think without that 24 point advantage that St. F got from their divers, Strongsville could be considered the favorite in the NW.

Southwest:
1 Cincinnati St. Xavier 522
2 Mason 202
3 Cincinnati Moeller 186
4 Lakota East 165
5 Centerville 157
7 Vandalia Butler 101
8 Lakota West 101
9 Springboro 78
10 Cincinnati Turpin 65

I agree that the battle for second in the SW will be intense Swimfan. Mason and Centerville are going to be pretty evenly matched. I'm guessing both teams will unstack their relays and individual swims can vary... but Centerville has a huge advantage in diving (+42 pts) which may be more than Mason can overcome at the district level. I think Mason gains the upper hand at State when Centerville's diving advantage gets diluted by the addition of strong divers from the other districts.

Last edited:
So far the Central & Southwest have postponed to Sunday. Appears that Northeast & Northwest will swim today. Should give the bubble guys an idea of what it will take to advance

Another District title for the Knights, #49. The underclassmen stepped up big time for Coach Ransom. They will make their presence known in Canton next week.

I agree that the battle for second in the SW will be intense Swimfan. Mason and Centerville are going to be pretty evenly matched. I'm guessing both teams will unstack their relays and individual swims can vary... but Centerville has a huge advantage in diving (+42 pts) which may be more than Mason can overcome at the district level. I think Mason gains the upper hand at State when Centerville's diving advantage gets diluted by the addition of strong divers from the other districts.

Hey Zfish, it was a good battle for second between Moe and Centerville. Without those diving points Moe takes second.

Hey Zfish, it was a good battle for second between Moe and Centerville. Without those diving points Moe takes second.

Yup, Moe swam lights out tonight for sure. Good to see Kevin George swim so well in the 500 free and Jacob Peloquin with firsts in both the fly and back were really impressive. I think the battle for second through seventh at State is going to be really exciting.

Zfish, Moe took second in STATE, why not mention their achievement? Where did the Comets end up? And how did the GCL do vs the GMC? I know that is not a fair comment due to X's dominance, but give some creds to Moe, a team without a pool. GBM and go GCL!

Zfish, Moe took second in STATE, why not mention their achievement?

Because my comment was posted shortly after districts and BEFORE the State meet. In that comment I happily acknowledged how well the boys at Moeller swam at the district meet. We know lots of kids on that team and were rooting for them at Districts and at State a week later. Sorry you don't feel your team is getting its due.

Where did the Comets end up?

The Mason boys finished in 10th place at State, second best finish in school history. Very proud of how far they've come!

And how did the GCL do vs the GMC?

What a silly question to bring up! It makes you sound like the little kid talking tough from under his mother's blue and white skirt! Of course the presence of St X makes any conference "the best" in an absolute sense. The top kids in the GMC match up just fine with the GCL's best.

I prefer to enjoy the fact that SW Ohio was very well represented again this year at the State meet and not gloss over the fact that the boys from Moeller and Mason were hugging on the podium after the 400 free relay... they are friends and all respect each other. Not sure why more needs to be said!

Last edited: