State Duals Weight?

I'm als sure it will be disputed 1) being that many schools aren't allowed to practice on snow days and 2)it's not in line with how they regulate weights the rest of the year

I'm als sure it will be disputed 1) being that many schools aren't allowed to practice on snow days and 2)it's not in line with how they regulate weights the rest of the year

I just emailed Beau Rugg OHSAA commissioner hand he said it will only be scratch plus 3. No additional weight even if yo cannot practice. The +3 was given for situations like this.

With more snow and freezing temps in SW Ohio tomorrow what is going to happen if schools are closed again tomorrow? Are there dates built in for rescheduling?

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure there will be more cancellations tomorrow due to whether related issues so more questions will arise.

I think it will get real interesting. I'm hoping if school is cancelled we will still host our dual. It will be up to the schools if they can attend.

For Snow Day

This is covered under item 26 of the 2014 OHSAA REGIONAL WRESTLING DUAL TEAM TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS (REFER TO OHSAA WEBSITE - www.ohsaa.org)
"26. INCLEMENT WEATHER
If any team or site is at Level 3, the tournament shall be postponed and rescheduled for the next day prior to the next round."

I believe this means the meet would be moved to Thursday, Jan 23,2014.

Also, as stated under item 6 of the 2014 OHSAA REGIONAL WRESTLING DUAL TEAM TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS:
6. WEIGH-INS
Weigh-ins will be conducted at the tournament site in accordance with NF Rule 4-5. Weigh-ins shall be scratch weight plus three pounds. Additional pounds shall not be added for inclement weather days. They have already been added in with the “plus three pounds”.

This is covered under item 26 of the 2014 OHSAA REGIONAL WRESTLING DUAL TEAM TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS (REFER TO OHSAA WEBSITE - www.ohsaa.org)
"26. INCLEMENT WEATHER
If any team or site is at Level 3, the tournament shall be postponed and rescheduled for the next day prior to the next round."

I believe this means the meet would be moved to Thursday, Jan 23,2014.

Also, as stated under item 6 of the 2014 OHSAA REGIONAL WRESTLING DUAL TEAM TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS:
6. WEIGH-INS
Weigh-ins will be conducted at the tournament site in accordance with NF Rule 4-5. Weigh-ins shall be scratch weight plus three pounds. Additional pounds shall not be added for inclement weather days. They have already been added in with the “plus three pounds”.

If you go by "the next day prior to the next round" I think that would be like the 28th for us. And I do not know who all if not all the next "round" would be 01/29/14. The day prior would be the 28th???

And I am sure several teams may have regular league duals scheduled for the 23rd as it is

If you go by "the next day prior to the next round" I think that would be like the 28th for us. And I do not know who all if not all the next "round" would be 01/29/14. The day prior would be the 28th???

And I am sure several teams may have regular league duals scheduled for the 23rd as it is

Just got a reply from OHSSA Rep Beau Rugg. Theme t day following is the 23rd. It might be better to simply say the next day following the scheduled round.