College Football 2013 Season Predictions

Clyde Frog

With the college football season starting up next Thursday, I figured that it's time to get some predictions and banter going on the upcoming season. Post your conference champions ("Big Six" conferences at least, others if you'd like), Heisman Trophy winner, national title game participants and national champion.

My picks:
Conference champions
AAC: Louisville
ACC: Clemson (def. Miami in ACC title game)
Big Ten: Ohio State (def. Nebraska in Big Ten title game)
Big XII: Oklahoma State
PAC-12: Stanford (def. USC in PAC-12 title game)
SEC: Alabama (def. Georgia in SEC title game)

Heisman Trophy winner
Braxton Miller, Ohio State

National Championship Game
Ohio State def. Alabama

Conference champions
ACC: North Carolina (def. Florida State in ACC title game)
Big Ten: Nebraska (def. Ohio State in Big Ten title game)
Big XII: Texas
MAC: Ohio (def. Toledo in MAC title game)
PAC-12: Oregon (def. USC in PAC-12 title game)
SEC: Alabama (def. South Carolina in SEC title game)

Heisman Trophy winner
Tyler Tettleton, Ohio

Alabama def. Ohio

ACC: Florida State
Big Ten: o$u
Big 12: Oklahoma
Pac: Stanford
SEC: Bama over SC in OT

Bama big over o$u

Heisman
Clowney

OHIO, who do you have OSU losing to? I only see three loseable games for the Buckeyes: @ Northwestern, @ Michigan, Big Ten Championship Game.

The Northwestern game might be the most difficult game of the season for OSU. The Bucks play Wisconsin the week before in a night game and then have to travel to Evanston to play in another night game. Add in the fact that this might be the best Northwestern team of the BCS era and Ohio State will have their hands full in that one.

Conference champions
AAC: Louisville (Undefeated and in the title game)
ACC: Miami (Conf will be a mess with a lot of teams with a shot for the title having 2-4 Ls)
Big Ten: Ohio State (def. UM in Big Ten title game after taking a loss in AA to end title hopes.)
Big XII: TCU (They have the best defense in a conference known for offense.)
PAC-12: Stanford (Plays tOSU in the Rose Bowl for 2nd place)
SEC: Alabama (def. S Carolina in SEC title game)

Heisman Trophy winner
AJ McCarron, Alabama

Alabama destroys Lousiville and there are calls to start the playoff 1 year earlier with the winner of Stanford v. tOSU as the opponent.

Conference champions
ACC: Clemson
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big XII: Oklahoma
PAC-12: Oregon
SEC: Alabama

Heisman Trophy winner
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

Alabama over Oregon

I think we see 3+ teams go undefeated in regular season ---

Teams with biggest obstacles
Alabama - @ Texas A&M, vs LSU
Oregon - vs UCLA; @ Stanford
Ohio State - vs Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, @ Michigan
Louisville - @ Kentucky, @ Cincinnati
Oklahoma State - vs TCU, @ Texas, vs Oklahoma
Boise State - @ Utah State, @ San Diego State

Last edited:
If the Buckeyes do lose I'd love to see Ohio State Stanford in the Rose Bowl, would be an excellent game.

ACC: Clemson
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big XII: TCU
Pac-12: Stanford
SEC: South Carolina

Heisman: Bridgewater

Title: Ohio State over Louisville (unless a 1-loss SEC is put ahead of an undefeated Louisville)

Conference champions

Teams with biggest obstacles
Alabama - @ Texas A&M, vs LSU
Oregon - vs UCLA; @ Stanford
Ohio State - vs Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, @ Michigan
Louisville - @ Kentucky, @ Cincinnati
Oklahoma State - vs TCU, @ Texas, vs Oklahoma
Boise State - @ Utah State, @ San Diego State

Teams with the biggest obstacles????

I would find it hard to say Ohio State, Louisville or Boise State have the biggest obstacles. Ohio State fans should be shocked if they lose a game in the weak Big 10. Louisville's toughest opponent is not even ranked. Boise State plays no one. Instead of biggest obstacles, they should be in a category of easiest path to go undefeated.

I also do not know how anyone can say in one sentence Ohio State will have their hands full with Northwestern, then say they win the National Championship beating Alabama. If you have your hands full with Northwestern, even a good Northwestern team, you will get run over by Alabama.

Teams with the biggest obstacles????

I would find it hard to say Ohio State, Louisville or Boise State have the biggest obstacles. Ohio State fans should be shocked if they lose a game in the weak Big 10. Louisville's toughest opponent is not even ranked. Boise State plays no one. Instead of biggest obstacles, they should be in a category of easiest path to go undefeated.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............

It was a list of teams ....... with their biggest obstacles on their schedule

:)

So if a team like Louisville has just UK & UC as their biggest obstacles, then they will likely go undefeated.... right Turpin?

Misunderstood the caption above your list. It looks like you tried to say these are the teams with the biggest obstacles

I also do not know how anyone can say in one sentence Ohio State will have their hands full with Northwestern, then say they win the National Championship beating Alabama. If you have your hands full with Northwestern, even a good Northwestern team, you will get run over by Alabama.

a pretty average Texas A&M team handled Bama last year