Reid Worstell to walk-on at Ohio State

Clyde Frog

After first being reported by 1480 WHBC Sports Director Sam Bourquin, I can confirm that GlenOak QB Reid Worstell will be a preferred walk-on at Ohio State this Fall. As a preferred walk-on, Worstell will have a spot on the team and is eligible to practice when Fall practices start in August.

Worstell joins Bri'onte Dunn as GlenOak alums on the current roster. Congrats to Reid Worstell!

After first being reported by 1480 WHBC Sports Director Sam Bourquin, I can confirm that GlenOak QB Reid Worstell will be a preferred walk-on at Ohio State this Fall. As a preferred walk-on, Worstell will have a spot on the team and is eligible to practice when Fall practices start in August.

Worstell joins Bri'onte Dunn as GlenOak alums on the current roster. Congrats to Reid Worstell!

Congrats to him but why OSU? He won't see the field at OSU and could have been a major contributor at Mount or somewhere else? Sometimes playing time is not what these kids think about i guess.

I don't know Worstell personally but he'll be going to a good educational school and getting the luxuries of being an OSU football player. Doesn't sound like a bad deal unless he legitimately thinks that he would have a chance to better advance his football career at a different school.

Congrats to him but why OSU? He won't see the field at OSU and could have been a major contributor at Mount or somewhere else? Sometimes playing time is not what these kids think about i guess.

Why tOSU? He wants to be a Buckeye, and that's all i need to know.....O-H..

Same reason Tim Tebow went to NYJ instad of Jacksonville where he surely could have been THE guy. Notoriety

Why tOSU? He wants to be a Buckeye, and that's all i need to know.....O-H..

I agree! Besides, who knows, he might find a position to play there that will get him on the field. More importantly, if he sticks it out academically, he'll have a degree from OSU which gives him access to a vast network of potential employers.

Best of luck!

I agree! Besides, who knows, he might find a position to play there that will get him on the field. More importantly, if he sticks it out academically, he'll have a degree from OSU which gives him access to a vast network of potential employers.

Best of luck!

I think he's a natural to switch to safety, he's big, fast and a pretty good athlete. Congratulations and good luck to Reid.

Best of luck!

absolutely! Smart kid, that is obviously listening to good advice...Congrats to Reid and the Worstell family...

As a Buckeyes fan...I wish him the best of luck. As a highschool football fan I gotta wonder why not accept the offer from Akron?

Why not just be happy for the kid? Jesus folks.....he's not from my school either but why pi$$ on his parade? Life as a walk on, preferred or not, isn't the best to begin with....I hope he gets a scholarship one day.

Last edited:
He was traded....

He was traded. But he got offered a contract by the Jags before he got traded because he wanted to go to a bigger market. And No it didnt work out. I was simply saying that was his choice and reasoning behind his decision. Didn't say it was a good one..

Lmao, Duh haw. If urban gives this gives this guy scholarship, wtf, politics as usual.

Do you seriously think that Ohio State or any college football program has scholarships to waste??? Anyone who has been around Urban Meyer for 2 minutes knows how competitive and intense he is about winning.

If Worstell is eventually given a scholarship at OSU, it will be because Urban feels he will help the program win a National Championship. No other reason.

Congratulations to Worstell. He played very well in the game against the Pups this season.

He won't see the field at OSU and could have been a major contributor at Mount or somewhere else?

You can see all that by seeing him today?.Wow :Ohno:

Best of luck to all the kids that signed today. PM One Who Knows and ask him how you will do in college.

You can see all that by seeing him today?.Wow :Ohno:

Best of luck to all the kids that signed today. PM One Who Knows and ask him how you will do in college.

Considering Urban is bringing in what some seem to believe is the #1 ranked recruiting class in the nation scholarship wise, I believe my original point will hold true. Nothing against Reid as I am sure he will give it his all in any position he is put in by the coaches at OSU. BTW: Reid didnt sign anything M2M, he is a prefered walk on and will show up the first day of practice like all the other 31 PWO's Urban is bringing in. I say 10% are still on the team in 2014 from the Prefered WO class.

hes still a millionaire,are you jealous and envious?hows your job working out for you dummy?

LOL... my job is working out just fine as I am an owner of a very profitable company and do work with many posters on here for their marketing needs. Not jealous or envious of him as I live a great life also. Maybe you should go back and re-read your post and you can see how dumb you look since you tried to be funny in your reply to my post. As I stated 2 posts ago...he already was a millionaire before he was traded to NYC so your post is very dumb. Got to love how you tried so hard only to look so dumb.

My absolute best to the young man. He will get an excellent education and a large network of alumni for a lifetime.

I do not know, but maybe the young man is as fast as Braxton Miller and will fit in just fine with Urban's Lightning offense where the QB needs to be as fast as the fastest RB/WR on the team and also be able to throw darts downfield.......

My favorite movie ever was about a kid that was on the walk-on part of the college football field at a catholic school and turned out that Hollywood did his life story?

You never know, anything can happen!!!

LOL... my job is working out just fine as I am an owner of a very profitable company and do work with many posters on here for their marketing needs. Not jealous or envious of him as I live a great life also. Maybe you should go back and re-read your post and you can see how dumb you look since you tried to be funny in your reply to my post. As I stated 2 posts ago...he already was a millionaire before he was traded to NYC so your post is very dumb. Got to love how you tried so hard only to look so dumb.
but i baited you and you took it.ha ha ha.have a good day

Congrats to the kid. There have been plenty of kids that have earned a scholarship by doing the same thing. It's his dream....let him live it.