It's really early....But hey lets make some bold perdictions

anonymous35

Well the 2012 season was a suprise, and a succsess. Any bold predictions for the 2013 season? Any new kids up and coming that look promising?

Well things could have gone very different this year as they did pull out many close wins.

They will be better but I am not sure if they can make the playoffs again

Do you think the Canfield replacing Youngstown east help their schudle? And will Tallmadge be any good next year with all those seniors gone?

This team will be in the playoffs again next year. I look for them to run the table in the regular season stepping on a lot of necks with a deep run into the playoffs. There's too much talent coming back on both sides of the ball. Losing a linebacker and de on defense. These two spots should be improved. Losing a wr, ot, and center on offense. Tackle and center might not be improved but wr will be. This team will have the best team speed in the area. Should be the best Ellet team maybe ever. A lot of depth also. Including freshmen 74 returners. The downside is a very good jv team last year will not see the field except for mopup. A real good 8th grade team and some stud freshmen to go along with all the sophs who started bodes for a bright four years.

Well things could have gone very different this year as they did pull out many close wins.

They will be better but I am not sure if they can make the playoffs again

Could have been very different. Ellet totally dominated Kent in the first half. One first down, negative yds rushing for Kent. Ellet put up 150 yds rushing. As it should have been 17-0 Ellet at halftime it was 7-7. Kent only had two plays this whole game on offense. Unfortunately they were both long tds. A scramble to the right with a 40 yd thrownback to the left where the safety jumped a split second too soon. The other a two yd pass that Thomas juked three guys and went 50 yds. A hard one to take but that's football.

Canfield will help because they are D2, but they were 2-8 this season. Hopefully they will get more wins next year.

If they stay healthy I think a return to the playoffs is likely. However, unless they get better (smarter) QB play and move the ball through the air a little more it's going to be another one and done.

Where is the Canfield game at?

I would hope any Ellet fan would realize how important a good schedule is!
in 2005 Ellet was 8-2 and finished 15th in their region. A year later, 2006, 8-2 again and 18th in their region. Almost embarrassing!

Canfield is a good start.

Could have been very different. Ellet totally dominated Kent in the first half. One first down, negative yds rushing for Kent. Ellet put up 150 yds rushing. As it should have been 17-0 Ellet at halftime it was 7-7. Kent only had two plays this whole game on offense. Unfortunately they were both long tds. A scramble to the right with a 40 yd thrownback to the left where the safety jumped a split second too soon. The other a two yd pass that Thomas juked three guys and went 50 yds. A hard one to take but that's football.
Kent came in the game thinking they was going to murder Ellet. I dont think they took you guy serious. Mistakes kept Ellet in the first half. As soon as Nemick made the adjustments Kent made you look like the 8th grade team. You guys were never in it against Chapman.

This team will be in the playoffs again next year. I look for them to run the table in the regular season stepping on a lot of necks with a deep run into the playoffs. There's too much talent coming back on both sides of the ball. Losing a linebacker and de on defense. These two spots should be improved. Losing a wr, ot, and center on offense. Tackle and center might not be improved but wr will be. This team will have the best team speed in the area. Should be the best Ellet team maybe ever. A lot of depth also. Including freshmen 74 returners. The downside is a very good jv team last year will not see the field except for mopup. A real good 8th grade team and some stud freshmen to go along with all the sophs who started bodes for a bright four years.
You lost a OT right ? the same one both your backs got yards off of. Both your backs cant get the outside period, Kent showed us that. How can you judge a JV team when you play scab teams throughout the city? Please man I know your young ,but before you post think twice.

What players can we expect a lot from on the orangemen offense and defense ? Who are key players ? Who do you think shine next year for the orange

Kent came in the game thinking they was going to murder Ellet. I dont think they took you guy serious. Mistakes kept Ellet in the first half. As soon as Nemick made the adjustments Kent made you look like the 8th grade team. You guys were never in it against Chapman.

You're saying mistakes kept Ellet in the first half? That tells me you didn't even see the game. Probably sitting in your seat at Greens stadium all alone in the dark with your shaker waiting for next year. Ellet was at the 14 yd. line about to make it 14-0 and threw a 89 yd interception. Next series drove the field and missed an easy field goal. Ya mistakes kept us in the first half.

You lost a OT right ? the same one both your backs got yards off of. Both your backs cant get the outside period, Kent showed us that. How can you judge a JV team when you play scab teams throughout the city? Please man I know your young ,but before you post think twice.

I went to the Tallmadge/Green game. I saw how bad Green is so I would'nt talk about city teams. Green is the most underachieving football program in this part of the state. The shear size of the school and the size of the peewee program should make you serious state contenders every year. Not the case. I think maybe you should hire another coach. How is that working out?

I went to the Tallmadge/Green game. I saw how bad Green is so I would'nt talk about city teams. Green is the most underachieving football program in this part of the state. The shear size of the school and the size of the peewee program should make you serious state contenders every year. Not the case. I think maybe you should hire another coach. How is that working out?
You cant win without the busses dropping off your athletes.

Congratulations to Matt Geer making first team defense all district . Dakota king making second team defense all district . Jacob ivory making second team offense all district . And all district honorable mention went to Maurice Mackey , Corey Hoskinson, Hussain Hamdan. Good Job Guys