Lakota East @ West

gostate03

What are your thoughts on this game? Both teams seem to be playing for any type of playoff life they have? Should be a good one.

Pretty fun to have the game actually mean something for a change. On paper, West should win somewhat handily...but this game always seems to surprise.

The game will be close at half and then West will shut down East offense in the second half. West will roll to a 21 point victory. Not sure I'm going to go to this one. I may sit at Putters instead and at least enjoy the evening.

The game will be close at half and then West will shut down East offense in the second half. West will roll to a 21 point victory. Not sure I'm going to go to this one. I may sit at Putters instead and at least enjoy the evening.

Come over for the first half, and then bolt for the Dingle House. It's way better than Putters. :D

Here's my plan. Dinglehouse for a couple Stone IPA's, Jags for a couple beers and to watch the MILF's and the Gold Chain Gang mingle and then to Putter's for a dozen wings and a pitcher while listening to Ken Broo re-cap the West beat-down on East. Then I can toilet paper Haynes house on my way home.

Here's my plan. Dinglehouse for a couple Stone IPA's, Jags for a couple beers and to watch the MILF's and the Gold Chain Gang mingle and then to Putter's for a dozen wings and a pitcher while listening to Ken Broo re-cap the West beat-down on East. Then I can toilet paper Haynes house on my way home.

Every time I go to Jags I feel like I need a shower. Other than that, it sounds like a solid plan.

East hasn't won since 2004, I don't see them winning this one or the one next year. They need to not allow the transfer of kids from school to school in the district. If Horton was on East this game would be close, but since hes not West wins bye 21.

East hasn't won since 2004, I don't see them winning this one or the one next year. They need to not allow the transfer of kids from school to school in the district. If Horton was on East this game would be close, but since hes not West wins bye 21.

Yes, the Horton transfer was a blow to East, and, not within the spirit of competition, imo...

Keep in mind that Lakota East could have Greg Simpson too. Simpson, Horton, and Mahone would have been as dynamic a triple option attack as Goodman, Simpson, and Sherrer.

And West would have LA Ramsby.

East has the players to win...just not a good game plan. Watching their offense is like watching a leaky facet. After a couple of minutes you know what to expect for the next couple hours. IMO!

Last edited:
tempted to go see this one instead of the Slaughter that will be happening at the Cage Friday night.

Go West!

And West would have LA Ramsby.

East has the players to win...just not a good game plan. Watching their offense is like watching a leaky facet. After a couple of minutes you know what to expect for the next couple hours. IMO!

I'm not so sure if the gameplan is the issue. Remember, Coach Haynes is a Kerry Coombs protege at Colerain. This is the exact same offense that Colerain used to run. Under Coombs, Colerain threw the ball 4-5 times a game, and those were all either 3rd and long or when Coombs thought he could get a receiver all alone behind the defense. Colerain also only ever used two formations: the double slot and the I. They would run triple option 100% of the time out of the I and probably 85% of the time out of the double slot. Lakota East is actually quite a bit less predictable in their play-calling and a little more multiple in their formations.

I see two problems with East's offense:

1. Their offensive line is simply above average. Therefore, when they are going to run up the middle or the fullback is almost the automatic read in short yardage situations and the defense knows this, they gain maybe 2 yards. For this offense when it was at Colerain, it was 5 yards.

2. They don't have home run speed to the outside. They have 5 touchdown runs of 30+ yards this season (they also have 3 passing touchdowns of that long). However, when you don't throw the ball well or just don't throw the ball, you need to have a bigger threat than that to keep defenses from stacking the middle of the box. Of all the GMC teams in the last 5 seasons that have averaged less than 10 pass attempts for game but have had a winning record, those 9 teams have averaged 11.0 touchdowns of 30+ yards (7.8 rush, 3.2 pass).

Understand what you are saying and emphasises the problem. East does not have the O-Line that Colerain had when Haynes was there. He needs to adjust the offense to match the strength and weakness of his players. This year Colerain was a little undersized so they changed their play calling to play to their strengths which was more centered around their speed and ability to throw and leaned less on the power up the middle.

East needs to understand that they cannot pound it up the middle every play and needs to keep the defense guessing if they are going to have any success.

Understand what you are saying and emphasises the problem. East does not have the O-Line that Colerain had when Haynes was there. He needs to adjust the offense to match the strength and weakness of his players. This year Colerain was a little undersized so they changed their play calling to play to their strengths which was more centered around their speed and ability to throw and leaned less on the power up the middle.

East needs to understand that they cannot pound it up the middle every play and needs to keep the defense guessing if they are going to have any success.

That's the point of the option as run by Haynes, you don't have the guarantee of a qb that can throw and a large Oline in high school. The offense is based on space and coordination, not size.

Colerain is only throwing because they have a Qb who can.

The offensive line is the least important part of the option honestly, literally 2 to 3 linemen are cutting people almost every play. If your line is having a good game you should be dominating games. Triple option needs speed that is all. East doesn't have the speed, they should change their game plan.

Looks like I need to do a little Haynes butt kissing tonight. Great win for East. Haynes stayed with his normal
Game plan but still was able to get the win. Thanks to some great special teams and defensive plays East took it to West. I was surprised that West had such a hard time running the ball. East gave up a few big pass plays but other than that they controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Looks like I need to do a little Haynes butt kissing tonight. Great win for East. Haynes stayed with his normal
Game plan but still was able to get the win. Thanks to some great special teams and defensive plays East took it to West. I was surprised that West had such a hard time running the ball. East gave up a few big pass plays but other than that they controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Guess you didn't go to putters after all?

Another disappointment for LW...

8 days ago, they were getting ready to play for essentially the city championship...

Now, their season is done.

Sad, but not unexpected...

“This team deserves a better fate,” Lakota West head coach Larry Cox said.

“I think we are a playoff team, but it is not looking good. That is a bitter pill to swallow because if we can take the No. 1 seed (Colerain) to the end of a game then we deserve to be there … but the system will not allow it.”

Thoughts??

“This team deserves a better fate,” Lakota West head coach Larry Cox said.

“I think we are a playoff team, but it is not looking good. That is a bitter pill to swallow because if we can take the No. 1 seed (Colerain) to the end of a game then we deserve to be there … but the system will not allow it.”

Thoughts??

I, honestly, feel embarrassed for him.

I think it's safe to say that the "great ones" never talked about the times that they kept it close...

And, they no more took Colerain to the end than the man in the moon...

That was over halfway through the third quarter...at the latest...

I'm sure we will hear about how unfair it is to the public schools when the private schools i.e. GCL get in with much worse records ..... he always bashes the private schools and I'm sure that somewhere it's happening it's just out of earshot... But then if he would end his silly boycott of teams like Moeller, and win, his team would have no trouble getting into the playoffs. It's all about who you play and how many games they win against others it's just that simple Larry :)

And, they no more took Colerain to the end than the man in the moon...

That was over halfway through the third quarter...at the latest...

Your raging hardon for West is really getting creepy bro. Combine that with your rampant stupidity, and I can see why you've become the laughingstock of Yappi. :laugh:

Oh, congrats Thunderhawks, and good luck in the playoffs. It was a well deserved, if not overdue victory. ;)

0.jpg

Come on EastHawks14, give credit to East and the game plan. Especially the QB's execution. We know you want the QB to throw it much much much more but it isn't going to happen. Enjoy the play-offs and don't think next year will change the O philosophy.They can beat Springboro and may not have to throw it 1 time!!