Louisville Leopards Lose To Lake Blue Streaks In Tournament Game

No different then what someone else does on here when they win

Sure it is. When they win he talks the Lady Leps up. When they lose he is gracious and congratulates the other team, he does not make stupid, sarcastic remarks. Dont be an idiot and bring yourself down to Dummy level.

When it counted, Givens and the girls lose again. Two things you can count on in the spring each year, paying your taxes and Louisville losing in the softball tournaments. lol

Go Blue Streaks!

wow. what did those girls ever do to deserve those comments? they are just a bunch of kids playing their hearts out. and laughing on top of it.

He isn't a Lake fan...i guess there is nothing better to do in Dover this time of year? Go back and read all his 32 posts. not much class there!

DD, this is low.... no matter your personal agenda against Givens or anyone else, no kid deserves to read this trash. Some people really need perspective.... in any other district, year in and year out, the top 4-5 teams in the Massillon District would win out to regionals. Stark County is unbelievably talented when it comes to hs softball.

For those trying to make comparisons to LN, are you out of your minds? :help: ... the guy works his tail off to promote Louisville sports... ALL Louisville sports. Does he post a lot of links to pull traffic to his site? Yes of course... but it's as much out of pride for his school than anything. Any school would be lucky to have someone that dedicated and passionate to promoting the kids.

Last edited:
IMHO.....For Givens and the Lady Leopards to be in the situation of playing in the District Semi's the last 2 yrs and doing the things that they have done in the time that he has been there for what 4 yrs he has turned that program around! IMHO......he is doing a GREAT job!:thumb:

When it counted, Givens and the girls lose again. Two things you can count on in the spring each year, paying your taxes and Louisville losing in the softball tournaments. lol

Go Blue Streaks!

Wow!!! Are you the mayor of hartville? What a hillbilly

Go Blue Streaks!

Um...you're smak-talking about a bunch of 15-18 yr-old girls. How messed up is THAT?

IMHO.....For Givens and the Lady Leopards to be in the situation of playing in the District Semi's the last 2 yrs and doing the things that they have done in the time that he has been there for what 4 yrs he has turned that program around! IMHO......he is doing a GREAT job!:thumb:

This! Chet is a solid guy, and has brought respect to the Lady Leps program...congrats to coach Givens and his young ladies:clap:

Here I'll brag a little for my team, especially the coach. In just 4 years he has the most wins of any coach in Leopards Softball history and we had one league title before he took over and 4 outright titles in the past four years.

I know there can be hard feelings towards coaches at times, but you are going to have a rough time arguing against the results of his leadership. This is not to take anything away from the talent of the girls who have also worked hard year-in and year-out to get the program where it is as well.

I'd trade a District Title for a 20-win season anyways. But you won't hear me complaining about 24-2 and 25-4 the past two seasons.

I'd trade a District Title for a 20-win season anyways. But you won't hear me complaining about 24-2 and 25-4 the past two seasons.

'Tis a tough/brutal District. Put Louisville in maybe half or so of the other district tourneys and they may very well have fared better. A bit of an unlucky geographical circumstance....having to go through both Lake and NC to get to a District title. I wouldn't doubt if any of the three would put up a good fight against the eventual D1 state champ (with NC obviously still being in the running) in a 'best of' series. JMHO

'Tis a tough/brutal District. Put Louisville in maybe half or so of the other district tourneys and they may very well have fared better. A bit of an unlucky geographical circumstance....having to go through both Lake and NC to get to a District title. I wouldn't doubt if any of the three would put up a good fight against the eventual D1 state champ (with NC obviously still being in the running) in a 'best of' series. JMHO

Can you elaborate your comment on any of the 3 putting up a good fight against the D1 Champ?

This is confusing since Hoover is ranked #1 and are the defending state champs.

Can you elaborate your comment on any of the 3 putting up a good fight against the D1 Champ?

This is confusing since Hoover is ranked #1 and are the defending state champs.

Totally theoretical. If NC doesn't win the D1 state title THIS year and if - if - the eventual D1 state champ could face any of the three - NC, Lake, Lousiville - in, say, a best of five series...I think any of those three would be competitive and put up a good fight. One game? Anything can happen. But a series probably exposes a more overall evaluation of any given team. Purely a 'what if' on my part, since it's all single-elimination in the real world. But it would be cool to see how a lot of these teams stacked up against each other in the back-to-back-to-back-to-back games of a playoff series.

Sorry for the confusion - I was mostly musing out loud....and in shorthand. ;)

Totally theoretical. If NC doesn't win the D1 state title THIS year and if - if - the eventual D1 state champ could face any of the three - NC, Lake, Lousiville - in, say, a best of five series...I think any of those three would be competitive and put up a good fight. One game? Anything can happen. But a series probably exposes a more overall evaluation of any given team. Purely a 'what if' on my part, since it's all single-elimination in the real world. But it would be cool to see how a lot of these teams stacked up against each other in the back-to-back-to-back-to-back games of a playoff series.

Sorry for the confusion - I was mostly musing out loud....and in shorthand. ;)

If Hoover doesn't win state I'll send the devil a coat since it will be freezing at his place of residence. Only thing that doesn't play in their favor is having to go to Columbus for Regionals, which is just a crime by the OHSAA to do that to this District.

There are no givens and there's still some VERY good teams left. Hoover's far from a 'hell freezing over' shoe-in to win it. In every year (or just about) that a Fed/Massillon District team has won the title, they've been tested strongly at the regional and state level.

I believe Hoover may be stronger this year than last.

That doesn't mean they'll win state, because of variables, but they've been on a tear.

Yeah - I don't think you can 'shoe-in' any team at this point. There is just so much talent throughout the state...any team can rise or fall on any given day. Single elimination doesn't necessarily mean the best team gets the title (though they certainly CAN). It simply means the team that has the best run, at the right time, gets there.

If Hoover doesn't win state I'll send the devil a coat since it will be freezing at his place of residence. Only thing that doesn't play in their favor is having to go to Columbus for Regionals, which is just a crime by the OHSAA to do that to this District.

XXL in nomex

DoverDale said:
Two things you can count on in the spring each year, paying your taxes and Louisville losing in the softball tournaments. lol

Louisville-Leopards-Softball-2019-State-Champions.jpg

ce2.png

I don't forget and I still pay taxes...