Results 3/31 weekend

moemancc

I figured I would put up a thread for results from this weekend. To start Moeller won the UC meet with 214 points.

St. Ignatius won for the boys at the Wildcat Premier meet at Hilliard Davidson and Wayne won for the girls. It was a good meet both in terms of quality and how it was managed. Kudos to Davidson for putting on a quality meet even hampered by being on spring break.

Girls
1) Wayne 86
2) Dublin Coffman 84
3) Pick. Central 78
4) Hill. Darby 73
5) Wadsworth 72
6) Reynoldsburg 70
7) Hill. Davidson 63
8) Lincoln 57

Boys
1) St. Ignatius 128
2) Pick. North 98
3) Wayne 92
4) Hill. Davidson 75
5) Medina 72
6) Reynoldsburg 55
7) Dublin Coffman 50
8) Glenville 48

trotwood relays-boys only

found these results, meet seemed non-competitive, is this meet slowly dying like the roosevelt?
here's the link for results, only Dunbar and Trotwood really stood out,

http://www.baumspage.com/track/trotwood/relays/2012/Event Results.htm

look at the 400 m dash results, can someone explain this:
Event 1 Boys 400 Meter Dash
===================================================================
Name Year School Finals H#
===================================================================
Finals
1 George, Ira Dunbar 0.53 2
2 Gordon, Chris Meadowdale 0.58 1
3 Ohiembor, Michael Dunbar 48.01 2
4 Jones, Julian Trotwood-Mad 50.60 2
5 Crisp, Romello Trotwood-Mad 51.10 2
6 Whitcher, Halen Princeton 52.80 2
7 Miller, Sylvester Marion-Frank 57.10 1
8 Rice, Lashawn Marion-Frank 1:00.10 1

i guess my question is the first two runners....
anyone go to this meet, and has it always been boys only?
Dunbar looks solid as always, and trotwood seems to have some sprinters, too...

anyone have centerville boys results, or know how they did?

St. Ignatius won for the boys at the Wildcat Premier meet at Hilliard Davidson and Wayne won for the girls. It was a good meet both in terms of quality and how it was managed. Kudos to Davidson for putting on a quality meet even hampered by being on spring break.

Girls
1) Wayne 86
2) Dublin Coffman 84
3) Pick. Central 78
4) Hill. Darby 73
5) Wadsworth 72
6) Reynoldsburg 70
7) Hill. Davidson 63
8) Lincoln 57

Boys
1) St. Ignatius 128
2) Pick. North 98
3) Wayne 92
4) Hill. Davidson 75
5) Medina 72
6) Reynoldsburg 55
7) Dublin Coffman 50
8) Glenville 48

nice showing for Wayne, i believe they're on spring break, do you know if they were full loaded teamwise? 3rd place at this meet with those schools, not too shabby, St. Ignatius must have been loaded.
How were the conditions, any Wayne events stand out, were you there Mathking?

Wayne looked very good, boys and girls. I can't say whether they were fully loaded or not since I don't know who else they have. I will say that they, like us and a number of other teams, did not seem like the picked events in order to score the most points. More to get good performances in a few races. They do seem to have some serious depth. I can't say that there was any one race that blew me away (thought their shuttle hurdle team was very good) but the fact that scored across a bunch of events for both boys and girls. On the girls side in particular I will say that I am perfectly happy not to have to contend with them until the state meet. The girls meet was a really tight affair. There were a lot of kids running there who will be running at Ohio State in June.

St. Ignatius was tough through almost every event. Someone good in every event. The format of the meet (shuttle hurdles, DRM, SMR, 4x1600 added to normal events) with relay field events and extra running events but only one athlete per individual event favors teams that can score across a lot of areas. In any event, Ignatius is going to be really tough to beat. About the only down thing all day for them was a dropped baton in the 4x1600, and they still won it.

It was, like everywhere else in Ohio yesterday I would bet, cold and windy. So some of the times, heights and distances were not that great. And given the relay format (so three athletes per team in the field events) there is always a lot of waiting around between attempts. They do a good job moving things along but with 30+ kids in a pole vault or high jump you have to do a lot of standing between jumps. But there were still some strong performances. One of our vaulters had enough time to check out after a jump, finish warming up, run the 4x800 and get back without missing his spot in line.

One athlete who really stood out to me was Megan Osborne from Chillicothe, who had a very nice 200/400 double victory, particularly given the conditions. Another thing that stood out was how tough Reynoldsburg is going to be this season. On top of their already awesome sprint crew they now have Leah Wallace (2:25/5:22) and a couple of tough throwers (I think Anderson threw 36-5 in the shot and their discus girl was over 100 feet in spite of a wind which was killing all of the right handed throwers).

Last edited: