results 3-24-12

meets that i know of
Jack Lintz invite at Northmont - Elks team champs
Tipp Relays- Warriors team champs
LaSalle - Mason team champs

anyone go to any of these meets?

looking to see if Trotwood ran this weekend, i noticed Dunbar was at Tipp, but doesent' seem they brought a full squad, boys basketball the reason (it would be a good one)

let's hear it.....

LaSalle Legends meet

The LaSalle meet was a good one. Lots of very good competition in every event. Some of the best athletes from the Cincinnati area were there.

I uploaded over 1600 pictures of the La Salle Legends meet to MileSplit. Fortunately or unfortunately, the timers and officials were moving the running events so quickly that I never had a chance to break away from the running events to shoot field events. I'm only one guy! Results and the photo album are reachable from the meet page at http://oh.milesplit.com/meets/108169-la-salle-legends-classic.

Congrats to Mason on the double (boys and girls) wins!

Thanks to all participants for coming and being ready for your events when called. It was a very large meet and we're happy things moved along so well and quickly.

(There's still some space in the La Rosa's Classic on 4/19/2012. It will be kept much smaller than the Legends because it's after school, not on Saturday. 25 teams in 7 hours is good for Saturday, but too big for after school.)

Thanks for the great pics lasallexc! Great job. It was a well run meet for as many schools as were there.

Moeller turned some heads when they beat the defending DI state champs of La Salle at La Salle.

Four other other meets were run in Cincinnati yesterday.

The Skyline meet at Panther Athetic Comples where Elder edged out St. Xavier
The CMAC relays at Taft where Withrow won both boys and girls.
Harrison Wildcats meet at Harrison where Lebanon won both boys and girls
Meet at Turpin where Turpin won boys and Mildord won girls.

Harrison meet is reported as FAT but I don't think it was. Konkoly of Oak Hills won sprit triple 11.20, 50.24, and 22.61

http://oh.milesplit.com/meets/112958/results/191071

Last edited:
meets that i know of
Jack Lintz invite at Northmont - Elks team champs
Tipp Relays- Warriors team champs
LaSalle - Mason team champs

anyone go to any of these meets?

looking to see if Trotwood ran this weekend, i noticed Dunbar was at Tipp, but doesent' seem they brought a full squad, boys basketball the reason (it would be a good one)

let's hear it.....

Probably won't see trotwood for a couple weeks

It would be nice for Moeller if Monty Madaris, Keith Watkins, and Josh Davenport Joined. It's impressive that Moe had a freshman go 11.13 in the 100.

He's quite a good runner. Means and Britten have been nice additions as well. We are pleased with our performance on Saturday but we still have a lot of work to do in order to get to where we want at the end of the year.

Good to see Taylor hold their own against the D1 teams at the Harrison meet. They have had a couple of rough years. Looks like they are turning it around.

Good times.

Lots of good times so early... good job.

Yes TAYLOR does look much better than they have in years! Great job! How did the other D2/3 schools do? Haven't seen much out there.

So far:

Moeller -looks very tough, very well rounded, very impressive.
St. Xavier - the yearly shell game is now on.. who knows until May??
LaSalle - will be solid, as always.
Mason - looks good, not a lot of field points.
Turpin - looking tough early on.. could be a big surprise.
Anderson - looks solid, will be competitive in some areas.
Withrow - good, but not quite as good as last year. Braddix will find a way.
Mt. Healthy - lots of good runners, it will come together i'm sure. Meibers now helping.
Elder - Deep and solid.. will compete as always.

Elder's web site only shows Elder's own results. Cincinnati Enquirer had the winners listed in Monday's pager. Meet was called Skyline Relays and was held at Panther Athletic Complex.

Is this the first year Elder had a meet this early, or is my memory really that bad? :blush:

Yes, I believe this is the first time for this meet. I think they used to go to Centerville's meet on the first weekend of the year.

Meet results analysis

Yes TAYLOR does look much better than they have in years! Great job! How did the other D2/3 schools do? Haven't seen much out there.

So far:

[B]Moeller[/B] -looks very tough, very well rounded, very impressive. St. Xavier - the yearly shell game is now on.. who knows until May??
Mason - looks good, not a lot of field points. Turpin - looking tough early on.. could be a big surprise.
Mt. Healthy - lots of good runners, it will come together i'm sure. Meibers now helping.

Moeller-Very tough, very well rounded very impressive.
Mason -looks good, not a lot of field points.

Both teams looked good overall times looked pretty good for this time of year, but didn't Mason win the meet? Especially in distance events?

So far:

Moeller -looks very tough, very well rounded, very impressive.
St. Xavier- the yearly shell game is now on.. who knows until May??
Mason - looks good, not a lot of field points.
Turpin - looking tough early on.. could be a big surprise.
I think I know what you're getting at, but, please, for my edification (and those new to the site...), please clarify what you mean.

Shell Game

St. X is very good, year in and year out.. but the keep it under wraps with moving around their "Varsity" and good athletes from meet to meet, week to week, event to event. Then... out of no where... 42.5 4x100, Sub 4:20 miler, 3:22 4x400, 22 foot long jumper, and walla... very good team. Every year... you don't see it coming, and then BOOM.. they are good again.. They get it done over there in Bomberland.... every year.

St. X is very good, year in and year out.. but the keep it under wraps with moving around their "Varsity" and good athletes from meet to meet, week to week, event to event. Then... out of no where... 42.5 4x100, Sub 4:20 miler, 3:22 4x400, 22 foot long jumper, and walla... very good team. Every year... you don't see it coming, and then BOOM.. they are good again.. They get it done over there in Bomberland.... every year.

Yes they do!

They should be crazy deep in the distance events this year.

Kid from East Canton I think his last name is Taylor, just broke the Stark County Discus record. I believe he tossed it approx 181ft!:party:

Western Brown had a meet, but no results available so far. I did hear that Tudor put 58' with a 60'+ foul, and had a 169' discus after throwing MUCH farther in practice.

I watched Tudor throw last weekend at the Clinton-Massie Invite (which BTW was an incredible meet, MANY of the times and distances would have won at other regional meets).

We might see 65' in the shot from him and 190' in the disc if his forms gets better (it will). He threw 169-8 without trying to hard.