Freshman Sensation Crawford

That kid is super fast. How many years has he been held back?lol I got him here in this video heat two in green. He is going to clean up states this weekend....

him and his teammate, Anthony Young, are going to both do some major damage this weekend, and during the outdoor season.

You can't help but, like the youngman...he comes from an oustanding family....he also holds Ntl long jump records, but is having trouble adjusting because he has just grown so much in the last year

The kid in green in the second heat? He beat the guy in the red shorts who looked like he was flying the previous heat. Impressive

Why did he leave Twinsburg?

I don't know any specifics, but I believe he ran AAU track with current St. Edward junior Anthony Young. The two are friends and Young's father is one of the track coaches there. It's quite possible that he turned the Crawford family on to the the idea of heading to St. Edward. Not to mention the chance to compete at a higher level for football, which he also excels at.

Lakewood St Edward is a heck of a school with an athletic facility better then many colleges.

Hope he drives a Prius, Twinsburg to Lakewood is around 30 miles one way.

Lakewood St Edward is a heck of a school with an athletic facility better then many colleges.

Hope he drives a Prius, Twinsburg to Lakewood is around 30 miles one way.

30 miles is not a terribly long drive for the country bumpkin schools, espically if it is mostly highway.

That kid is super fast. How many years has he been held back?lol
Twinsburg resident Shaun Crawford, 12, broke three national track records in winning three gold medals at the AAU Junior Olympic Games in Norfolk, Va., July 31-Aug. 7.

Crawford, who will be an eighth grader this fall, competed in the sub-youth division.

According to the article he was 12 and going into the 8th grade so that would make him a young freshman (14 or so)

30 miles is not a terribly long drive for the country bumpkin schools...

If you were talking rural schools as "country bumpkin" I'd agree. How many different school districts will he travel through going from Twinsburg to Lakewood? All the different "Heights" have their own HS's....right?

If you were talking rural schools as "country bumpkin" I'd agree. How many different school districts will he travel through going from Twinsburg to Lakewood? All the different "Heights" have their own HS's....right?

If they take I-480 to the Jennings Fwy to I-71 to I-90 to W 117th St. to Detroit Ave, they would pass through:

Twinsburg
Nordonia Hills
Warrensville Hts.
Maple Hts. (480 seems to straddle the boundary b/w Warrensville and Maple, so they may only enter one district or the other)
Cleveland (multiple times)
Garfield Hts.
Cuyahoga Hts.
Independence
Lakewood

Incidentally, I got to see the Matthews kid (the focus of the youtube video in post #2), on Friday evening. He looked good in bringing Springfield from way back to win the 4x2. Unfortunately, his teammate FSed in the 4x1, and storms cancelled the meet after the girls 400, so I didn't get to see him anchor the 4x1 or run the open 200.