Notre Dame College

They are currently in first place in the NCWA National Tournament. Yes this is the Club Team National Tournament but lets give all the wrestlers some respect, as they also have to qualify to get into the tournament. Even though its Club its still great for these guys to get matches and stay involved in the sport! :clap:

Also other teams in Ohio that are represented:
Bowling Green University (2 qualifiers)
Cincinnati (3 qualifiers)
Notre Dame College (17 qualifiers)
University of Toledo (3 qualifiers)

Good Luck!!

(Link to Brackets)
http://www.ncwa.net/nationals/

I have done the NCWA finals a few times and it always is a treat.
As far as Notre Dame being there...for this year, they are in the position that they can't go NAIA and they can't go NCAA...so they are there.
They will dominate...not real fair, but it is what it is.

out of the loop

What happened to Notre Dame's status as an NAIA school? Why (like most NAIA schools who want to keep their scholarships) did they not go to NCAA Division II? Did they leave NAIA and there's a "wait" period before they can get into D-II?
Clueless in Cleves

Yep...they are in a black out period...I believe they will be full D2 next year. Maybe on probation for a year (standard)...not sure. But that is why they are at the Club Tournament.

How many of Notre Dame College's starters are actually wrestling. I was told that all of their starters were taking a red shirt year so they don't lose a year during the transfer? For example, I know Orlando Scales is not wrestling. So is this really there "back ups" that are winning the NCWA?

How many of Notre Dame College's starters are actually wrestling. I was told that all of their starters were taking a red shirt year so they don't lose a year during the transfer? For example, I know Orlando Scales is not wrestling. So is this really there "back ups" that are winning the NCWA?

YES..

Danny de mick of chillicothe is wrestling at 285 for them. He took 1st in the qualifier and teched his first opponent. He did have a nice win over elor of osu a couple weeks ago

They are currently in first place in the NCWA National Tournament. Yes this is the Club Team National Tournament but lets give all the wrestlers some respect, as they also have to qualify to get into the tournament. Even though its Club its still great for these guys to get matches and stay involved in the sport! :clap:

Also other teams in Ohio that are represented:
Bowling Green University (2 qualifiers)
Cincinnati (3 qualifiers)
Notre Dame College (17 qualifiers)
University of Toledo (3 qualifiers)

Good Luck!!

(Link to Brackets)
http://www.ncwa.net/nationals/

Who are the 3 qualifyers for UC?

i know 2 of them are...

nick bohl (lakota west)
randy kocal (west carrollton)

Thats awesome!! Excuse me if I'm being ignorant here, but how would one go about starting a club team at their university if there isn't such a thing in existence right now. I'm at MU and would love to start a club team here and I know there would be plenty of participation, just don't know the in's and out's of starting something like that up, I assume it would fall under this organization (NCWA)

Thats awesome!! Excuse me if I'm being ignorant here, but how would one go about starting a club team at their university if there isn't such a thing in existence right now. I'm at MU and would love to start a club team here and I know there would be plenty of participation, just don't know the in's and out's of starting something like that up, I assume it would fall under this organization (NCWA)

Miami U? They had a club team for a long time. I would check www.ncwa.net and see if there are any links. Also go there and try to contact other schools who have clubs and try to reach their coaches for advice

Scales is Redshirting, NDC will be in the hunt next year for D2, wait until you see their lineup!

Qualifiers:

Bowling Green
133-Michael Webber (BGSU)
133-Jeff Smith (BGSU)

Cincinnati
149-Nick Bohl (Cincin)
165-Randy Kocol (Cincin)
184-Bryan Martineck (Cincin)

Notre Dame
125-Brian Hauser (NDC)
133-Paul Rose (NDC)
141-Austin Sanders (NDC)
141-Maurice Miller (NDC)
149-Louden Gordon (NDC)
149-Cody Shivener (NDC)
157-Ashtin Primus (NDC)
165-Jared King (NDC)
165-Tony Burge (NDC)
174-Jonathan Bittinger (NDC)
174-Mark Smilek (NDC)
184-Charles Mason (NDC)
184-Albert Bryant (NDC)
197-Ernie Hupp (NDC)
235-Justin Schafrath (NDC)
235-Brian Blackwell (NDC)
285-Daniel Demick (NDC)

Univ Toledo
149-Alonzia Murphy (Toldo)
174-Frank Sutton (Toldo)
235-Derek Johnson (Toldo)

Notre Dame College leads Cal Baptist 149-148 in the team race, finals are streamed live at 4pm

Placing for the Falcons (all-american status)
125- None
133- Rose 7/8
141- Miller 3/4...Sanders 5/6
149- Shivener 1/2...Gordon 7/8
157- Primus 1/2
165- Burge 5/6
174- Bittenger 1/2....Smilek 3/4
184- Mason 5/6
197- None
235- Scafrath 7/8
285- Demick 3/4

Used to have one until 2003, i think it kind of died after that. I know there is some interest in getting it started again

lightweight, that is not true at all. I was the president of the MU club in 2010. It died out after/during that year, because there was a lack of interest. PM me if you need help getting it back together. We actually had a champ in 07' and a finalist in 09'.

The problem at Miami is you get a lot of guys interested the first few weeks, then most of them start pledging for greek life, and you never see them again. As you probably already know, Miami is not like UC, BGSU, OU, Toledo, and other schools. You actually have to apply yourself in the classroom to do well at Miami :D :stirthepot:.

It's tough on guys to commit themselves to school, greek life, and a club team.

lightweight, that is not true at all. I was the president of the MU club in 2010. It died out after/during that year, because there was a lack of interest. PM me if you need help getting it back together. We actually had a champ in 07' and a finalist in 09'.

The problem at Miami is you get a lot of guys interested the first few weeks, then most of them start pledging for greek life, and you never see them again. As you probably already know, Miami is not like UC, BGSU, OU, Toledo, and other schools. You actually have to apply yourself in the classroom to do well at Miami :D :stirthepot:.

Miami of BROhio

"It's tough on guys to commit themselves to...greek life" - that falls under the classification of "too much information". And I thought it was weird it was called J. Crew U.

Notre Dame wins by 7 over last years winner California Baptist, 168 to 161, with Liberty University a close third at 150 and Linwood-St. Charles fourth.

"It's tough on guys to commit themselves to...greek life" - that falls under the classification of "too much information". And I thought it was weird it was called J. Crew U.

Greek life refers to fraternity life. Not sure what you thought it was.

What's their projected lineup look like for next year?...I realize nothing is final but who all is expected to comeback and who all will they keep because last I heard they were way over the limit of 9 scholarships that D2 allows. Some kids have eligibility left but may leave if they're money gets cut. Excited to see them in D2 next year i assume and hope they will join the GLIAC with findlay ashland tiffin and lake erie making a solid little conference that is growing as of late great for the sport and the area.