PTC Conference...

vettman

Who will be the ptc leader this year Field should be the team to beat , The Comets and Kent have new coaches so may be a year to see how it goes for them, Norton had great year in basketball lets see how they pick it up for softball, Springfield rich in softball history have decent junior soph class, Crestwood may suprise people,Southeast alwayes tough in softball and Ravena well not really there sport ,so lets hear what everyones opinions are

OK Here we go.

Totally disagree Field should not be favorite. They lost 7 starters and incoming pitchers not even close to T.M. as well as fall off at other positions. I think a 3rd to 5th finish this year. I know to be the best ya gotta beat the best, but this is not team that it was in my opinion.

Springfield will be tough with alot of team back some good hitters to go with deepest pitching staff in PTC

Kent will be fine #1 pitcher is good, but no pitching depth behind her. A few good sticks in lineup as well.

I heard Norton lost pitcher for season. Not sure though look at them in that 6-7 spot.

Southeast very good pitcher but how bad does she want it ?? Lost SS and 3rd baseman from last year also just heard Senior 1st and 2nd baseman quit team. OUCH Hope Williams girl has big shoulders we will see.

I also believe Crestwood will be spoiler and will be much improved. Problem last year was not the girls. Looks like they have opportunity to reverse record
And look for them to finish 4th or 5th in league, but do have the talent to finish higher. Another team with no pitching depth.

Last edited:
I agree springfield has a good team should be at 1 or 2 but kent could be a mess with new coach, norton has good hitters ,didnt hear about the southeast problem could take them to basment above ravena, here is my prediction

Field
Springfield
Norton
Coventry
Crestwood
Kent
Southeast
Ravenna

OK I'll go

1) Springfield
2) Southeast
3) Kent
4) Crestwood
5 ) Field
6) Coventry
7) Norton
8) Ravenna

Would be interested to know what you are basing Fields high ranking. Who is Varsity pitcher ???

Last edited:
Had very strong jv last year not that ,that matters this year but the jv team was not all freshman and soph don t know the pitchers but do know they could hit the ball plus had good defense to back them.

OK I'll go

1) Springfield
2) Kent
3) Field
4) Crestwood
5) Southeast
6) Coventry
7) Norton
8) Ravenna

***Based on Norton possibly losing pitcher and Southeast losing couple seniors ***
Would be interested to know what you are basing Fields high ranking. Who is Varsity pitcher ???

Why is kent so high? Record last year? Pitchers record, era and K's? How many seniors graduated?

Why is kent so high? Record last year? Pitchers record, era and K's? How many seniors graduated?

Absolutly why is kent so high they where not that good last year from both jv, varsity pluss they lost there head coach not that ,that matters all the time but new coach brings new ideas and alot of times alot of upperclassmen get a reality check.

vettman
Still not one good reason to pick Field beside beating up a bunch of HORRIBLE
JV teams ?

You are right about jv teams but what i saw from field was good hitting and defense they were the best jv and varsity team last year ,the coventry jv team went 18 5 last year but the only team they lost twice to is field not that the comets are going to be a powerhouse but of all the varsity jv games i saw field looked the best. Springfield is still a young team and they might be no 1 because they have a good pitcher ,should be fun season.

Field has been the front runner, can they retain the spot? I hear good hitting and kids that can play defense. What about pitching?

Southeast has the best pitcher in the league. What else will Southest bring? If I recall they have a lot of seniors this year. If they can put some runs up with their pitching, they could be tough.

Springfield, probably has the best overall talent. Good pitching and lots of bats in the line up. Look for them to challenge this year.

Crestwood, young with a lot of Soph. talent. Look for them to make some noise this year.

Kent, new coach, lost a couple of seniors from last year. Was their 10 and 4 record a fluke last year or do they have anything?
How about new players coming in?

Not sure about the rest of the teams Coventry, Norton, Ravenna???

One of my friends saw field play a couple times and said defense was a little

shaky and pitching may be a problem ??

Last edited:
Scrimmadge game doesnt mean anything coach trying to find right mix alot of times just have to wait and see when season gets going .

Norton and Springfield both went 1and 1 yesterday

Norton 13 Stv 11
Norton 2 Stow3

Springfield 5 Waterloo 3
Springfield 1 Waterloo 2

Good start for both teams in non league play was alittle surprised that Springfield didnt win both but Waterloo has pretty decent varsity , also Norton did well to split with Stow, bieng that stow is division 1 school.

Actually if Waterloo's freshman pitcher would not have walked 3 or 4 and hit a batter in 1st inning of the 1st game they would have swept them. I think her nerves got the best of her.

Last edited:
I guess we can start to see how everyones predictions begin to look, that is if Mother Nature ever let's them play.
Many games cancelled again today.
Springfield and Field series will be one to watch.
Maybe it will clear up some of chatter on earlier posts in this thread.
Don't know about everyone else, I just want to see some softball being played!!!!!

Comets 10

Norton 9

Shouldnt have been that close the Comets hit the ball well today , Alekna had a grand slam Sellers hit the top of the fence and bounced back in which scored a run Capriola hit the middle of the fence Miller hit the fence, but Norton wouldnt go away as the Comets had to many errors that let Norton hang around. Coventry hit Brogan pretty well Haddad actully pitched good against Coventry rematch tomorrow at Norton , should be totally different game at Norton if the Comets make the same errors Norton should find a way to win, As freeman said earlier Norton lost best pitcher if they dont pick up the offense could be tough year for the lady panthers.

Rematch went well for lady Comets

Coventry 9
Norton 1

The lady Comets made less errors and hit just as well as the Comets pitcher Daniels kept Nortons offense off balance. Miller started the scoring off in the third with a nice two run double Nortons Brogan pitched much better today until the fourth thats when Capriola blasted one over the fence as well as played great defense in center , Then came Sellers who was close yesterday had one today.

There is no doubt that Springfield will challenge for title but it is early in season hitting always gets better as season goes along.

Springfield 9 Field 2

I tried to warn you JV means zip. Field might free fall with NO pitching. If someone don't step up quick it will be long season.

Springfield 9 Field 2

I tried to warn you JV means zip. Field might free fall with NO pitching. If someone don't step up quick it will be long season.

Never said jv ment a hole lot just mentioned that there jv team was good ,so far you are right on with prediction of the Lady Falcons, I also remember you changing your first prediction , from what i been hearing Southeast has best pitching but like i said its early, should be fun in the middle of may.

So far looks like Springfield is all around best team. But a lot of games yet to be played.

From what a friend of mine has told me Southeast will be there as long as Williams keeps pitching good because defense is flat out bad.

Springfield 10
Woodridge 2

Springfield 10
Woodridge 0

Stow 7
Field 1

Green 5
Kent 1

Green 3
Kent 2

So far in young season as freeman stated Springfield is best team right now as there record is 5-2 , Field with loss to Stow is 1-3 and Kent with the losses to Green are 0-4 lots of games wiil be jamed in this week with make ups and more rain for monday less practice and more games thats the way the girls like it.

Rain rain go away should be fun week of softball as the ptc teams meet , The Lady Pirates of Southeast sail into Coventry to playthe Lady Comets we will see how well the Comets hit, as been mentioned the Lady Pirates have a good pitcher but the Lady Comets have three home runs in two games by three different girls with another hitting the top of the fence only to fall back in if the Pirates pitcher is not in her groove the Lady Comets should sink the Lady Pirates ship and send them back to the Southeast ship yard for game two on wed.

Norton and Field play should be a split on those two games also Springfield and Crestwood havent heard anything about The Lady Red Devils dont know if they have what it takes to beat The Lady Spartans they are team to beat as of right now ,and Ravenna and Kent should be a sweep by the Lady Rough Riders unless The Lady Ravens have one of those to slow to hit pitchers lets get the softball rolling.

Springfield wins it in the bottom of the seventh over Crestwood 4 to 3.

Saw Kent won 5 to 0 over Ravenna.

Curious how the SE vs Coventry game turned out.
That means Norton and Field were doing battle.

Did everybody play tonight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Springfield 4 Crestwood 3

Crestwood led 3-1 bottom of 7 Springfield girl doubles next batter walks then couple errors followed by a base hit. Boy That S*cked