Time for Nostalgia - Share Your Jackson Memories

Well considering the topic is Jackson memories, I figured a ton of JHS kids went to the arcade by Gold Circle, and it would be permissable. That and the mention of arcades reminded me of that one.

Stern & Manns only had one floor if I remember correctly. My mom shopped there a lot and I liked the toy store right when you walked in on the left. But I do remember a store having 2 levels....actually I think there were two clothing stores with two levels; one of them was an upper end women's store and I think the other was more of a girls (juniors) store. I can't remember the names but just remember them from shopping there for my mom and/or girlfriends.

I vaguely remember the Fazios but don't ever recall actually going there. I think we always went to McArdles.

Ok, what was the name of the record store beside The Pub? And there used to be an ice cream shop where the fireplace store is now (same structure).

Kind of caty-corner across Dressler, there used to be a pizza shop but now there's a dentist office (besides Chipotle now). Was that Nobel Romans?

Anybody remember Little Shopper at Lake Cable? Alpine drive through out in front of Miller Sales at Wales Square?

Well considering the topic is Jackson memories, I figured a ton of JHS kids went to the arcade by Gold Circle, and it would be permissable. That and the mention of arcades reminded me of that one.

No worries....I just figured I'd throw that in. I spent plenty of quarters at FF.

Stern & Manns only had one floor if I remember correctly. My mom shopped there a lot and I liked the toy store right when you walked in on the left. But I do remember a store having 2 levels....actually I think there were two clothing stores with two levels; one of them was an upper end women's store and I think the other was more of a girls (juniors) store. I can't remember the names but just remember them from shopping there for my mom and/or girlfriends.

Was Stern & Mann's down by the Hobby Shop (which was across from Aladdin's/York Steak House & adjacent the pet shop)? Wasn't aware there was a second store w/two levels. Definitely remember one, though, because you could clearly see the second level from the concourse.

I vaguely remember the Fazios but don't ever recall actually going there. I think we always went to McArdles.

Fazios was where the food court is now.

Ok, what was the name of the record store beside The Pub? And there used to be an ice cream shop where the fireplace store is now (same structure).

Hmm...good question on that one (record store), but I unquestionably remember it. I don't remember the ice cream shop.

Kind of caty-corner across Dressler, there used to be a pizza shop but now there's a dentist office (besides Chipotle now). Was that Nobel Romans?

That was definitely Noble Romans! My all-time favorite place to get pizza! Well, besides Guisseppe's up in Green.

Anybody remember Little Shopper at Lake Cable?

Which plaza was that in? I remember the McArdle's & Rice in the one plaza...was LS in the plaza that Spirit Gear is now in?

Alpine drive through out in front of Miller Sales at Wales Square?

Yup, remember that one. Used to be right next door to Friendly's. Now just part of the parking lot.

Of course, that plaza is no longer in Jackson. :(

#6 is partially correct

Where Springbrook plaza is today , was only Part of Green Thumb Nursery the Barn on the property was once part of the Belden Farm... it’s was an 1880’s bank barn and very well built ... in the 1960’s it was turned into a private Swim and Tennis club, then later in the early 70’s became OLIVER’s Restaurant

Max and Erma’s was Mountain Jacks but before that it was The Red Bull Inn a Pittsburgh Chain

Inside Belden Village Mall there were a few two-story stores, The Parisian, The Organ Store, Ups-N-Downs, Burger King, Sears, O’Neils and Higbee who also had a Dining Room, Bakery and Candy Shop upstairs on the north side of the second floor. The Bakery was Hough and Fine Chocolates were London's
The restaurant had a name but I can’t remember it .. all higbee stores had a restaurant

Couple of comments:

Alladin's was the arcade in the mall. However, I do definitely remember an arcade by Mulligan's, there, but not sure on the name, either.

The arcade by Gold Circle (later, Hills) was called Funway Freeway. And as a technicality, that plaza isn't in Jackson.

Was Stern & Mann's the double-decker store, or was that Parisian?

Yah, I remember Burger Chef/King...whichever it was (seems to me it was the former). Had two stories and would be at the entrance to the food court, now. Remember Fazio's?

The arcade/pizza place between Mulligans and Children's Palace was "Goodtime Pizza". I remember they had some really unique games. They had a hack of Pac-Man with Popeye's face as Pac (Popeye Pac-Man), and they had Mousetrap. I was so into Donkey Kong at that time, I didn't give them much of a glance.

I am glad I found this forum, because I couldn't remember the name "Funway Freeway" to save my life. This Fall season really gets the nostalgia going.

I remember the in-ground water fountain outside of Alladin's Castle. I wish there was a picture of that so badly. I was so taken back by that fountain, because it was a waterfall into a jungle below. I wish the memories weren't so fuzzy!

Oh, and the two-story was definitely a Burger KING. I also remember Fazio's but faintly.

I grew up closer to Mellett Mall (Canton Centre). They had "Hucky Finn's" arcade, which became "Nickelodeon" when the mall remodeled.