Iowa @ Ohio State

Clyde Frog

I figured we could get some discussion on this game a little early, before Saturday.

Saturday is essentially the Rose Bowl play-in game. Whoever wins this game will own all tiebreakers over the rest of the Big Ten and will represent the conference in the Rose Bowl. Iowa is limping into this game, having just suffered their first loss of the season to Northwestern, and will be without their starting QB, RB, and an offensive lineman. The Buckeyes, on the other hand, are riding a wave of confidence after knocking off Penn State, in Happy Valley.

It'll be Senior Day in Ohio Stadium, and I'm expecting a raucous crowd for this game.

Who wins and why?

I'm picking the Buckeyes to clinch their first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1996 with a 24-10 victory.

Go Bucks!

Ohio State wins HUGE. Iowa has shown the past couple weeks that they are not a very good team. The Buckeyes go from pretty much out of it, to falling back-asswards into the Rose Bowl. Just goes to show how mediocre the Big 11 is this year.

Ohio State's D-Line will give Iowa's backup QB a beating. Game would have been great with Stanzi, without him, Iowa stands no chance.

Ohio State 27-7

Ohio State wins HUGE. Iowa has shown the past couple weeks that they are not a very good team. The Buckeyes go from pretty much out of it, to falling back-asswards into the Rose Bowl. Just goes to show how mediocre the Big 11 is this year.

Yet, from top to bottom, the Big Ten would beat the piss out of the Big Least.

OSU big! With or without Stanzi this was an overrated football team. Iowa will embarrass themselves in their bowl game too.

At no point this season has OSU not been in control of their own destiny. Even after they lost to Purdue, the road to the Rose Bowl remained exactly the same: beat PSU + beat Iowa + beat Michigan= Rose Bowl. Iowa's loss to Northwestern has merely made the Michigan game irrelevant in terms of winning the B10. So please explain to me how they will have fallen "back-asswards" into the Rose Bowl?

:laugh:

Alright I'm a fan of both teams but you know the reason that so many of you UC fans say you hate the Buckeyes is because of their fans? A lot of UC fans that hate OSU are sounding exactly the same as the Buckeye fans you hate.

I wouldn't be surprised at an Iowa upset...I'm not convinced yet.

If the Bucks win, it will be in a close hard fought game where the defense comes through. This Bucks team doesn't comfort me at all but I still LOVE em.

We'll see what happens Saturday.

Depends which poll. I don't think the Big East has more teams than the Big 10 in any of the polls though. :laugh:
In the AP poll, the Big East has three teams in the top 25 (Cincy, Pitt, USF), while the Big Ten has four (OSU, Iowa, PSU, Wisconsin).

In the USA Today poll, the Big East has four teams (Cincy, Pitt, USF, WVU). The Big Ten also has four (OSU, Iowa, PSU, Wisconsin).

In the BCS standings, the Big East has four teams (Cincy, Pitt, USF, WVU). The Big Ten also has four (OSU, Iowa, PSU, Wisconsin).

I wouldn't be surprised at an Iowa upset...I'm not convinced yet.

If the Bucks win, it will be in a close hard fought game where the defense comes through. This Bucks team doesn't comfort me at all but I still LOVE em.

We'll see what happens Saturday.

Even though as a Buck fan you would not take the bet, I'd give Iowa and 21 points...and I'd win

:laugh:

Alright I'm a fan of both teams but you know the reason that so many of you UC fans say you hate the Buckeyes is because of their fans? A lot of UC fans that hate OSU are sounding exactly the same as the Buckeye fans you hate.
Thank you. These UC fans aren't very smart.

This Post Sucks!!

Boo!! I don't ever want UC fans to say a word about OSU fans, you guys are hypocrites.

Ohio State should win, especially if Stanzi's not playing, or if he's not 100%. The momentum from Penn State/it being Senior Day should give the Buckeyes a good sized victory.

Ask Chuges who began the inevitable with his backhanded shot at the Big 10, something us Buckeye fans have come to expect.

The Big 10 sucks this year. Are people not allowed to point that out just because there are OSU posters on this board? OSU's offense looked absolutely awful for the majority of this season yet they are going to be playing in the Rose Bowl. That speaks volumes about the conference. Penn State has been vastly overrated all year and Iowa's escapes against terrible teams finally came to an end. The rest of the conference is even worse

The Big 10 sucks this year. Are people not allowed to point that out just because there are OSU posters on this board? OSU's offense looked absolutely awful for the majority of this season yet they are going to be playing in the Rose Bowl. That speaks volumes about the conference. Penn State has been vastly overrated all year and Iowa's escapes against terrible teams finally came to an end. The rest of the conference is even worse
The relative strength of the Big 10 has no bearing on the Iowa vs. Ohio State game, does it? If the guy would have left that part out, I have no problem with it. It's just another insecure UC fan trying to discredit the Buckeyes. I wouldn't expect you to figure that out though through the blinders you guys seem to have on.

I created this thread six hours ago and it's already turned away from what the point of it is: to talk about this Saturday's Ohio State-Iowa game.

Let's get this thing back on track....please.:)

The only matchup that has me really concerned for this game is Pryor against Iowa safety Tyler Sash. With Pryor's tendancy to lock in on receivers, a ball-hawk like Sash will make you pay for those mistakes. With enough turnovers, Iowa could win this game (See Purdue).

The only matchup that has me really concerned for this game is Pryor against Iowa safety Tyler Sash. With Pryor's tendancy to lock in on receivers, a ball-hawk like Sash will make you pay for those mistakes. With enough turnovers, Iowa could win this game (See Purdue).
I thought I heard that Iowa has a good defensive lineman too that the Buckeyes need to worry about. Know anything about him? Or am I wrong and am thinking about Sash?

I just made one comment on the game, that's all. No insults meant. Let's break it down, analytically not biased.

I do think Ohio State is a much better team than Iowa and should win big. The Hawkeyes got lucky for a few weeks and should have lost a long time ago. They had trouble getting past Northern Iowa in their opener.

As for falling back-asswards into the Rose Bowl, I was referring to how things looked pretty bleak after that miserable loss to Purdue. That's all I meant by that part.

Finally, at no point did I say or insinuate that the Big East was better than the Big Ten. As some have agreed with me, all I said was that the Big Ten is pretty mediocre this year. It has a number of quality teams and could match up with any other conference.

I know that some OSU or UC fans try to troll other team's threads, but can't I come in here and make one post where I stated my belief that Ohio State will win easily and head to the Rose Bowl?