Josh Jones a go for next season!

JElder

It looks like Josh Jones has completed all the necessary academic work to be apart of the Bearcats football team next season. Just like Sean Hooey last season, Josh Jones and Demarkus Bracy will be true freshmen for the 2010 football season with a redshirt season available, if needed.

I took this info from the man who knows everything Bearcat related on bearcatlair.com...

This is great news!

this is what is called a gray shirt. he can enroll in the winter and go through spring drills and essentially be in the program for 6 years.

It looks like Josh Jones has completed all the necessary academic work to be apart of the Bearcats football team next season. Just like Sean Hooey last season, Josh Jones and Demarkus Bracy will be true freshmen for the 2010 football season with a redshirt season available, if needed.

I took this info from the man who knows everything Bearcat related on bearcatlair.com...

This is great news!

be careful they might ban you over there since they think nobody could ever possibly get uc info from anywhere else. those guys are know it all arrogant babies at bearcatlair.

but that is good news on jones. uc needs some young wr's bad.

uc needs some young wr's bad.[/QUOTE]

I predict he never plays wide receiver for UC. I believe Kelly will move him to TE as he did with # 88 Adrien Robinson, from Indianapolis Warren Central. Jones size and lack of speed will prompt his move to TE. Adrien Robinson is 6-4 and 244 lbs. I don't see Jones being as athletic as Gilyard or DJ Woods.

I predict he never plays wide receiver for UC. I believe Kelly will move him to TE as he did with # 88 Adrien Robinson, from Indianapolis Warren Central. Jones size and lack of speed will prompt his move to TE. Adrien Robinson is 6-4 and 244 lbs. I don't see Jones being as athletic as Gilyard or DJ Woods.

if that were the case dominick goodman would have been a tight end too. he lacked speed in a big way but he was physical and a good route runner.

im not saying it wont happen but he's built a lot more like goodman than he is robinson.

uc needs some young wr's bad.

I predict he never plays wide receiver for UC. I believe Kelly will move him to TE as he did with # 88 Adrien Robinson, from Indianapolis Warren Central. Jones size and lack of speed will prompt his move to TE. Adrien Robinson is 6-4 and 244 lbs. I don't see Jones being as athletic as Gilyard or DJ Woods.[/QUOTE]

No he won't, he will be a possession receiver in the mold of Goodman. He's perfect for that position and style.

No he won't, he will be a possession receiver in the mold of Goodman. He's perfect for that position and style.[/QUOTE]

I hope he gets his heard on straight. As we have all seen Josh at times might be the most athletic kid on the field or court for that matter and tries to get by with his superior athletic ability and doesn't give the most effort. It worked most of the time in high school but he is going to find that the guys in college are just as talented as he is and he has to put out more effort. Kelly will not except anything less. I wish Josh the best.

if that were the case dominick goodman would have been a tight end too. he lacked speed in a big way but he was physical and a good route runner.

im not saying it wont happen but he's built a lot more like goodman than he is robinson.

He will be a WR as long as he increases his speed by a step and if he learns to run better routes. I do not care what people say about the kid, he was a great reciever in high school, but he was a terrible route runner. If he can get those two things working for him then he can be just as good as Goodman was.

Josh Jones will be a solid WR for the Cats

If he decides that he actually WANTS to play, he'll be great. He sometimes has his little spurt where he just is lazy and doesnt care. But if he tries , i agree, he will be lights out for the Cats. I hope he takes this amazing opportunity seriously (because he failed to seize his first opportunity to play).

Either way, I posted this as a good news thread for Elder fans, not as a sounding board for people to voice their concersn over JJ being lazy or not. He's obviously been doing all the things to show he wants to play, lets leave it at that.

Great news I have been wondering about him .Although I believe he has to work on his speed he should be a huge factor in the redzone with his size and athletic ability.Can't wait to see him back on the field,I think he knows what will happen if he gets lazy over their with kelly,don't see that happening.

I wonder if he was visiting someone, but I saw him in one of the dining halls a few weeks ago.

I think the next coach... the guy who replaces Brian Kelly after he accepts the Notre Dame position. :eyebrowraise: Will move Jones to Linebacker, just because. Just to keep it going.