2007 Football Season

How is everyone feeling about the new football season? Will the new changes be for the best? And is there anyone that we should look for to be the golden player or players?

Good Luck Eagles!

I'm pumped for this next season to arrive. Coach Garcia will be a great addition because of the toughness he will bring. He's a no-nonsense guy who will focus on getting the players tougher, both physically and mentally. Justin Szink and Anthony Smith should shine in the running game. Smith is a beast, and isn't afraid to run right through people because he has a good combo of size, strength and speed. Szink is also pretty quick but he'll need to improve his passing from last season. The team will need more than 4-5 completions per game because without a threat of a passing game teams will be able to key in on the running game.

I think the team will be 5-5 or 6-4. Wins should come against Green, Wooster, Fitch, Boardman, and I'm predicting a win over Jackson because of how close we played them last season. I believe we also play Brecksville-Broadview Heights but I don't know enough about them to pick one way or the other, so that may be the sixth win. Either way, this definitely should be a fun season.

2007 season

Glenoak is the best kept secret in stark county for the 2007 football season, 3 Guys on there 4 by 100 relay team that is currently running in the state finals track meet today are all 3 running backs. look for the eagles to be a sleeper.

As an FYI, GlenOak does indeed open with Green, Brecksville-Broadview Heights, and Wooster on 8/24, 8/31 and 9/7. All three games are at home.*

For the record, B-BH was 9-1 last year and finished 2nd only to Mentor in D1R1. They only lost to playoff qualifier, Medina, in week 1, before losing to Warren Harding in week 11. The only good win came over D2 playoff qualifier, North Olmstead in week 8, when B-BH won 15-14.

Their last five years:
2006: 9-2
2005: 5-5
2004: 4-6
2003: 5-5
2002: 6-4

*I swear GO is becoming like Massillon with all of those home games the last couple of years! (lol)

Thanks for the info, Polar! B-BH sounds like a pretty decent team we're playing. Maybe we should schedule them for another home game next season too.;)

Home Games

Glenoak alumni don't count playing at fawcett stadium as a home game. I't actually takes us less time to get to hoover and lake than what it does for us to get to fawcett stadium. Hopefully our own stadium will be finished soon i know the turf field will be one of the nicest around. as far as fawcett stadium it's an away game for us as well.

For right now, Fawcett is our home stadium so I think having as many games there as possible will benefit us. I never played for the football team, but I'd assume that the players are pretty comfortable once they get onto the field, though driving there certainly isn't all too fun sometimes (I did that enough since I was in the band). The new stadium will be great, but I personally want as many games at Fawcett as possible until that new stadium opens up.

FYI.....The Wooster game is away. There are 5 home and 5 away games. Green, Brecksville, Jackson, Boardman and Lake are home. Wooster, Fitch, Mckinley, Hoover and Perry are away.

Glenoak alumni don't count playing at fawcett stadium as a home game. I't actually takes us less time to get to hoover and lake than what it does for us to get to fawcett stadium.

That depends on which part of Plain Twp. you live in, don't forget Plain Twp. is a very big area.

The new High School is farther from Fawcett but if you leave from your home it is not any different. I live a lot closer to Fawcett than to the new school.

The new High School is farther from Fawcett but if you leave from your home it is not any different. I live a lot closer to Fawcett than to the new school.

But you dont get on a bus at your house to go play a football game. You get on the bus at the school. The issue is not how far it is for YOU to go WATCH a game, it is that it is farther for the PLAYERS to go PLAY the game. No matter how you slice it, Fawcett will always be a road game.

My brother told me he heard that GlenOak is ahead of schedule on building the new stadium and is looking to maybe play all the home games at the new stadium for this next season. Has anyone else heard this rumor or know if there is any truth behind it?

Stadium Update: My dad talked to a member of the GO Administration the other day and apprently the admin. is bidding for 6,000-8,000 stadium seats on eBay from a school down in Florida. The asking price is $300,000 but GO is hoping to get it down to the $50,000-100,000 range. If GO gets these seats they will hopefully be in the stadium so games can we played there this next season.

I heard that GlenOak is working on moving the home side stands at the old stadium to the visitor side of the new stadium..and adding some more seating to the home side just for this year....seating about 6,000 enough to have home games this year then adding more seating next year for the following year....So it looks like its going to happen sooner

as of now are the "home" games still going to be at Fawcett?

and are they pushing to have the Green Glenoak game at the "new" stadium?

BTW the field turf looks amazing.

GBulldogs06, the home games are still, as of now, set to be at Fawcett Stadium, though the administration is pushing for the stadium to be completed in time for the Green-GlenOak game. It all depends on when the bleachers can get set up and if concession stands or an alternative will be able to be brought in for the games.

i am excited to have the opportunity to get to march into fawcett stadium but it would also be nice to be the first to play GO at their new field that you you guys have been in need of. so either way i look at it im looking forward to week 1
(1 month 20 days 6 hours 55 minutes)

I hope we do get to have the first game at the new stadium. I'd love to win the first game there.;) Just kidding, GBulldogs06. I'm excited for the game too and regardless of where it is played it'll be a good one.

well...aslong as there are enough stands to hold our band...i hate playing at tallmadge and the whole drumline and flute section have to play from the track because theres not enough space ha...(ill be the drummer with a bright orange hunting hat screaming at the top of my lungs) you should come say hi

"Won't be long now."

I'll definitely try to stop by. I hear that the stadium is hopefully going to have stands on the endzones just for the bands, a la Jackson's stadium. If the game's at Fawcett then there won't be any problem fitting the bands in. BTW, I used to be a drummer at GlenOak. Think you could let me bang on a snare for a quarter or two?:thumb:

ill kick one of the freshman off snare you can play his drum ;) but for sure you should come on over... i have no idea what you look like but i figure ill be the only idiot in the entire band screaming jumping up and down wearing a bright orange hat...

tallmadgeH2dad didnt have any problem finding me at the wadsworth game

well...aslong as there are enough stands to hold our band...i hate playing at tallmadge and the whole drumline and flute section have to play from the track because theres not enough space ha...(ill be the drummer with a bright orange hunting hat screaming at the top of my lungs) you should come say hi

"Won't be long now."

Are you kidding me????????????

ill kick one of the freshman off snare you can play his drum ;) but for sure you should come on over... i have no idea what you look like but i figure ill be the only idiot in the entire band screaming jumping up and down wearing a bright orange hat...

tallmadgeH2dad didnt have any problem finding me at the wadsworth game

Go find the band forum! This is a FOOTBALL thread!

Last year's staff

Carl Battershell - not coaching
Joe Bajornis- coaching Lb's
Chuck Stiener- Offensive line
Renny Wilson- OC
Dale Mitchell- DC at Salem High School
Gary King- Head girls Bball coach -will coach freshmen
Mike Laubacher- not coaching
Bob Peterrolli- assistant coach